SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: At C Spire, we are customer inspired. Every C Spire team member is charged with delivering a world class experience to every customer.
The Systems Administrator Level 1 Field Technician role provides onsite and occasional remote technical support and assists with pre-deployment configuration and new site installation for various C Spire Business customers. This should be an individual who is eager to learn, highly customer focused, patient, an effective communicator, self-initiating, has a positive attitude, and is able to prioritize and execute tasks without micro-management. The role will involve basic desktop and systems administration support.
- Create and manage Service Requests, Incidents, and Problems through a ticketing system.
- Help ensure day-to-day operations of IT Infrastructure.
- Answer Inbound Service calls as necessary.
- Troubleshoot and administer Windows based applications, Operating Systems (desktop and server), and Server Roles (AD DS, DHCP, DNS, DFS, Print Server, File Server).
- Perform Virus and Malware remediation.
- Perform Computer and server imaging / build outs.
- Troubleshoot MFP/Scanner/Fax.
- Ensure successful new site installations.
- Configure printers & switches (basic only).
- Complete technical documentation of installed / configured equipment.
- Troubleshoot WiFi/Network Connectivity.
- Any other task or duty as assigned or required.
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Written/Verbal communication proficiency
- Accountability & Dependability
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Customer Focus
- Self Management
- Time Management
- Development and Continual Learning
- Ethical Conduct
In most cases, work will be performed in a climate-controlled office space. However, in some cases it will be necessary to work in networking closets with limited space, varying temperatures (very cool to very warm), and loud, mechanical noise.
Required Education, Experience, and Certifications
- Candidate should have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Candidate should have at least one year of experience in a job supporting Windows Desktops and/or Servers.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications
- A+, Network+ Certifications
- Basic networking familiarity
- Networking/switching hardware
- Experience working in data centers
- Associates or higher degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with EMR/EHR/Practice Management applications
- Some experience in the following is preferred:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Server 2008, Server 2012
- Active Directory
- Exchange 2010, Exchange 2013
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Terminal Servers
- Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop