Baker County Medical Services, Inc., is seeking a driven and quality-focused Certified Medical Billing and Coding Specialist with a broad knowledge of in-patient Hospital billing services as well as, Primary Care, Rural Health Clinic, Diagnostic Radiology, Emergency Department, GI and Cardiology billing experience.
This position is full-time, (Monday through Friday).
The Ideal Candidate will have a high level of knowledge in the follow areas:
- Advanced knowledge of IDC-9/ICD-10-CM/PCS, CPT-4/HCPCS, HCC, EM coding and abstracting, APC classification and reimbursement structures, applicable coding, edits and extensive knowledge of local coverage for hospital and professional billing.
- Delinquent account resolution with payers to include research and resolution of insurance claim disputes, corrected billing, appeals and submissions.
- Clearinghouse edits and rejections in a prompt manner
- Knowledge of medical terminology and human disease process, anatomy and physiology.
- Demonstrate proficiency in coding and encoder skills.
- Guidelines for Medicare, Medicaid and other third-party payers.
- Knowledge with Meditech and Meditech Expanse software preferred.
- Paper claim submission with appropriate explanation of benefits and other requirements.
- Assist the Director of Revenue Cycle in completing monthly, yearly and state reports.
- Payer and professional credentialing (for both new and renewal contracts).
- Maintain strict patient and healthcare information (PHI) confidentiality, as per HIPAA guidelines.
- Advanced billing and charge review skills understanding the utilization of modifiers and other coding, charging and billing rules to include AMA and other state and federal organization.
Billing Specialist Certification Required
Hospital and Physician office billing experience required.
- Must pass Level 2 AHCA Background Screening.
Salary – Based on credentials and experience.
See our website and apply online at: www.edfraserhospital.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Macclenny, FL 32063