Cook Ross Inc. is a Silver Spring, Maryland-based consulting firm specializing in diversity, inclusion, leadership development, and organizational change management. We are proud to have as our mission a commitment to transform the world to be more inclusive, one organization at a time.
Founded in 1989, Cook Ross has for many years provided powerful solutions through consulting, training, and online products to thousands of organizations across the United States and around the world. We are thought leaders and innovators in our field, having been internationally recognized for our research and work that explores the inherent human tendency toward bias, and how this consciously and unconsciously impact the way employees, vendors, and customers from different backgrounds all relate to each other.
Our company’s growth has been significant over the past six years having grown from 10 employees to more than 40. Cook Ross is looking for a Learning Technologist to work in our Silver Spring office. The person in this role will partner with the Solution Architects and Instructional Designers to consult, plan, coordinate, develop, and implement digital learning solutions for our customers. He/she will provide technical support when needed. This role is essential to our reputation and ability to provide high quality customer service to our clientele.
This position will be located in our Silver Spring office to begin as a Contract to convert to a Permanent position for the ideal Learning Technologist.
- Supports e-Learning development and customization projects
- Conducts quality assurance testing and compliance
- Understands the required technical standards and specifications to produce learning assets that function across multiple networks, platforms and devices.
- Manages digital learning products fulfillment process
- Creates and manages implementation plans
- Project manages product implementation
- Provides technical support throughout the implementation cycle
- Monitors usage & provides reporting & analytical data throughout the licensing life-cycle (v-Learning) and or non-enterprise agreement life-cycle (e-Learning)
- Provides reliable and consistent customer service/trouble-shooting
- Manages Cook Ross online learning platforms (CultureVision and The Diversity Toolkit)
- Manages the maintenance of digital learning solutions
- Serves as administrator of Cook Ross’ Learning Management System (LMS)
- Supports vendor management for digital product development and customization
- Monitors and manages renewals for digital learning platforms
- 5+ years of product design and development experience
- Understanding of adult learning theory, distance learning, web-based training, synchronous and asynchronous learning and best practices in e-Learning
- Expertise with Articulate Storyline 2, 360, Rise
- Knowledge of how accessibility technologies and ADA/Section 508 (Americans with Disabilities Act) requirements apply to online learning applications
- Experience in the following areas: editing of instructional content (PowerPoint presentations, videos, images, etc.)
- Project management experience
- Experience with content collaboration and documentation tools/platforms (SharePoint, Office 365, OneNote, Google Drive)
- Working knowledge of quality assurance practices
- Learning & performance consulting experience
- Experience with multiple learning management systems; desktop communication environments (e.g., WebEx, Adobe Connect, Skype for Business)
- Experience with designing Learning Management Systems (LMS) content
- Experience in a flexible and dynamic, innovative work environment
- Demonstrated experience in data collection and analysis
- Demonstrated success in working independently and collaboratively in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and professionalism.
Please attach a work sample with the resume
Our employees are our greatest asset and we believe in and value our employees. We recognize that employees must work in an environment that supports their life goals. Therefore, we offer an attractive compensation package that includes:
- A competitive salary
- An attractive medical, dental, and vision plan, 80% employer paid.
- Contributions made to your health savings account
- 401k Contributions
- Nine paid holidays, including the last week of December off, company paid.
- Contributions to aid with transit and parking fees.
- Paid vacation and sick days away from work
- Paid personal time off
- Paid volunteer hours off
- Parking or public transportation stipend
- Charitable donation matching
- A professional development stipend
- Great coffee, tea, and snacks
- To learn more about Cook Ross, visit our website at www.cookross.com. If you match the criteria above and are ready to work for a fast-paced and mission driven organization, we invite you to share your interest by applying for the job.