Job Description *
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial
Electrical Foreman for new construction work at our BPEX
project in Beaumont, TX.
Experience with Pre-Commissioning Electrical Motors and
building and running electrical packages.
Industrial Electrical Foreman manages a crew that will
install, repair, and maintain electrical wiring,
conduit, equipment and fixtures. They will work on
underground cable and conduit installation, terminating,
and equipment installation for all phases of a new
- Must have prior working experience with Zachry
- Must have 4+ years experience as an Industrial
- Must have 2+ years in a supervisory role.
- Must posses all Knowledge Skills and Abilities for
positions (see below).
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements.
- Must be able to work at heights in excess of 300 ft.
- Must have all required tools.
- Must have reliable transportation.
scope of work:
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the
locations, quantities, and sizes of
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to
eliminate those risks.
- Lead crew in daily safe operations.
- Manage work loads, supplies, equipment, and reporting.
- Cut, bend, and run conduit as specified on blue
- Install, modify, and fabricate cable tray as necessary
- Pull cable through specified pathways.
- Assemble and install electrical equipment.
- Terminate wires and cable to electrical equipment such
as but not limited to breakers, control panels and
- Test electrical components for continuity and proper
voltage readings according to specifications.
- Inspect electrical equipment and components to
identify hazards and to ensure the equipment is in good
- Setup and maintain temporary power systems.
- Install and maintain grounding systems for all
equipment and structures.
- Hoist equipment and tools into location via bull
rigging or crane.
- Must have prior working experience with Zachry
- Must be able to read blue prints and schematics
proficiently to perform duties.
- Must be able to demonstrate former knowledge and
experience working on high voltage systems.
- Must have worked as an Industrial Electrician for a
minimum of 4 years, and as a supervisor for at least 2
- Must be able to manage and lead a crew of journeyman
and helpers on daily and weekly operations.
but not limited to:
- Must be able to keep records and report on the follow
time, cost codes, equipment,
personnel records, and operational updates.
- Must know basic electrical theory for example but not
limited to ohms law.
- Must be able to install and modify cable tray using
hand tools and power tools.
- Must be able to bend and cut conduit using hand saws,
hand tube bending equipment as well as power and
hydraulic cutting and tube bending devices.
- Must be proficient in cable pulling methods use to run
cable through specified pathways.
- Must be able to use specialized electrical tools such
as but not limited to ohm meters, multi-meters, and
- Must be able to terminate both High and low voltage
equipment and cable/wiring.
- Must have mechanical and electrical knowledge of
components relative to new construction.
- Must be able to trouble shoot equipment and systems
for electrical malfunctions.
- Must be able to identify different types, gauges, and
color of cables and wires.
- Must be able to follow instructions correctly.
- Must be reliable, accountable, and consistent in
performing administrative processes.
- Must be able to illustrate knowledge and experience of
working with a lock out tag out system.
- Must be willing and able to follow all instructed
- Must be able to make it to work on time and work the
designated schedule and any overtime as needed with the
Preferred Additional Qualification
- Current Zachry or Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Licensed Journeyman Electrician.
- National Center for Construction Education and
Research’s (NCCER) certification for Industrial
- Formal/technical education.
- This position will lead and manage a crew of
journeyman and helpers. The crew size may vary, but the
average span of control for this positions is between 8
to 12 workers.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts
of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
push, and pull:
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn,
objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways,
work off of platforms and man lifts, and may
occasionally work out on an open structure using the
appropriate fall protection requirements.
- Must be able to see full range of colors.
- Must be able to use fingers in precise coordinated
(PPE) including but not limited to:
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment
hard hat, safety
glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators,
safety vests, gloves and leather work boots.
Required Tools (this position may or may not be required
to provide tools on a daily basis)
- Tool box with Lock
- Tool Pouch or Tool Bucket
- Stakon Pliers
- Wire Strippers
- Set of Allen Wrenches
- #1 Phillips Screwdriver
- #2 Phillips Screwdriver
- 8” Crescent Wrench
- 10” Crescent wrench
- 420 Channel Locks
- 440 Channel Locks
- Utility Knife
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Diagonal Cutting Pliers (Dikes)
- 1/8” Straight Slot Screwdriver
- 3/16” Straight Slot Screwdriver
- ¼” Straight Slot Screwdriver
- Screwdriver (screw holding type)
- Hammer (Ball Peen or Claw)
- ½” to 1 ¼” Knockout Set
- 9” Side Cutting Pliers
- Center Punch
- Cold Chisel
- Tri Square
- 25’ Retractable Measuring Tape
- Torpedo Level
- Set of 3/8” Driver and Ratchet & Socket
- 1 – Rain Coat
- 1 – Rubber boots