Benefits Data Trust
(BDT) is seeking a Software Engineer to build and maintain high-quality software solutions. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to deliver software products that are aligned with the company’s vision and strategy. The ideal candidate will have solid Ruby coding skills, be able to communicate new ideas, and have a passion for new technologies.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Mentor Engineering staff toward coding expertise
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
- Proven experience in Ruby
- Experience in software development workflow (e.g. Git)
- Dedicated to automated testing frameworks (e.g. RSpec)
- Knowledge of selected programming languages: Ruby, Python, Elixir
Benefits Data Trust
(BDT) is a national not-for-profit organization committed to transforming how individuals in need access essential benefits and services. BDT envisions an efficient, cost-effective health and human services system that proactively connects individuals and families to the supports they need so that people are healthier and more economically secure, and communities are stronger. Through direct service delivery and systems change, BDT works to improve health, social, and economic outcomes and streamline the benefits enrollment process.
BDT employs 160 employees in Philadelphia, and provides enrollment assistance in Colorado, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina. Since its inception in 2005, BDT has submitted over 650,000 benefits applications for low-income households across the country, securing over $7 billion in benefits for food, healthcare, housing and other services that help move individuals and families toward financial stability. BDT now submits more benefit applications each year than any other entity in the nation. Research and evaluations have found BDT’s targeted outreach and enrollment assistance to be highly cost-effective. BDT also works with government agencies to assist them in adopting policies and practices proven to streamline benefits enrollment, and BDT partners with leading researchers to document the impact of benefits access and cost-effective outreach and enrollment strategies.