GLC is seeking a contract Exercise Physiologist who will support ALD and TBI research efforts, and to support administrative and operational oversight of research and clinical processes within the Rehabilitation Medicine Department of the Clinical Center at the National Institutes of Health, located in Bethesda, MD.
Contract length is a minimum of 1 year up to 5 years. The schedule is day shift Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week.
Job Statement of Work
The Exercise Physiologist will:
- Conceptualize and Contribute to protocol development.
- Contribute to research design modifications as needed.
- Conduct clinical exercise tests.
- Detailed understanding of technological principles underlying all equipment in the exercise testing laboratory.
- Operate all exercise testing equipment during ALD and TBI protocol research tests.
- Detailed understanding of all exercise test contraindications, safety procedures, risk factor recommendations, and stopping points for tests performed in the exercsie laboratory as identified by ACSM guidelines.
- Understand validity, applications, and usefulness of all questionnaires and field tests
- Work effectively with RMD and CC statisticians to assist with statistical analyses.
- Develop the ability to interpret results in conjunction with collaborators.
- Contribute to research related publications, reports, and/or presentations.
- Conduct and/or co-author presentations
- Subject recruitment
- Possess an academic degree in exercise physiology
- Have a minimum of three years of documented recent clinical experience relevant to exercise physiology and rehabilitation
- Have a minimum of one year of documented recent experience in research
- Possess current BLS certification.
- Have no record of previous felony conviction.
- Experience with advanced lung disease and traumatic brain injury patients is preferred.
Certification via American College of Sports Medicine as a Clinical Exercise Specialist
2 weeks paid vacation after 1 year
Job Type: Contract
- Research setting: 1 year (Preferred)
- paid Exercise Physiology: 3 years (Required)
- ACSM Certification (Required)