US Citizenship Required for this Position:
No –Teleworking not available for this position
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking an Administrative Assistant to VP to perform complex, administrative duties in support of the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent Program. This position will be located in Roy, UT. Learn more about the GBSD program here
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Performs normal office functions such as setting up and maintaining files.
- Coordinates travel and expense reimbursement.
- Gathers, complies and reports on information relevant to the supervisors assignments.
- Arranges meetings and conferences.
- Receiving, referring or answering mail.
- Coordinates calendars.
- Reviews drafts and finished documents for appropriate grammatical usage.
- Answers questions relating to office operations and established policies and procedures.
- The nature of the position involves exposure to sensitive information necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment.
- Initiates, researches and obtains information for reports and special assignments.
- May act as coordinator of special projects, following up on pending details, coordinating activities and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Uses various PC software packages such as PowerPoint, Excel spreadsheets, word processing, graphics, etc., to produce high quality reports, presentations, or other documents.
- Contacts company personnel at all organizational levels to gather information for reports, projects, meetings and events.
- Will also be responsible for routine administrative duties: coordinates staff meetings, teleconferences, answers telephones, screens calls and forwards messages, prepares expense reports, and maintains filing system.
- Will be responsible for and expected to anticipate the needs of the business unit front office in the planning of meetings, meeting prep, travel, inquiries etc.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- High School Diploma (or higher) with a minimum of 6 years of administrative experience to include experience supporting senior executives.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint the ability to create, manipulate professional deliverables
- Demonstrated ability using travel and expense reporting programs and tools
- Demonstrated accurate management of executive calendars • Active Secret Clearance
- Ability to work some overtime as needed
- Demonstrated Project Management Experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability in prioritizing multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively across all levels of the organization and with outside organizations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.