VACANCY LOCATION: TDCJ UNITS, STATEWIDE
SEE WWW.TDCJ.TEXAS. GOV FOR UNIT LOCATIONS
- You must be a citizen of the U.S., or an alien authorized to work in the U.S
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must possess a High School Diploma from an accredited senior high school or equivalent, or a state or military-issued General Education Development (GED) certificate.
- You must not be on active duty in the military, unless on terminal leave.(Applicants may screen if they are within 6 months of eligibility.)
- You must not have been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions.
- You must never have been convicted of a felony.
- You must never have been convicted of an offense involving domestic violence.
- You cannot have had a Class B misdemeanor conviction within the past 5 years.
- You cannot have had a Class A misdemeanor conviction within the past 10 years.
- You cannot be on probation for any criminal offense.
- You cannot have any criminal charges pending or have an outstanding warrant.
- You must be able to perform the essential functions of a Correctional Officer, with or without reasonable accommodation. For a complete job description, please visit our website, www.tdcj.texas.gov
- You must pass the TDCJ Pre-Employment Test.
- You must pass the TDCJ Drug Test.
- You must pass the TDCJ Physical Agility Test.
- Male applicants, age 18 through 25, must provide proof of Selective Service registration or exemption from Selective Service registration.
$4,000 Recruiting Bonus Available at the Following Units:
Briscoe - Dilley, TX
Cotulla - Cotulla, TX
Daniel - Snyder, TX
Formby - Plainview, TX
Garza East - Beeville, TX
Garza West - Beeville, TX
Gist - Beaumont, TX
Hobby - Marlin, TX
Jordan - Pampa, TX
LeBlanc - Beaumont, TX
Lynaugh - Ft. Stockton, TX
Neal - Amarillo, TX
Powledge - Palestine, TX
Roach - Childress, TX
Rudd - Brownfield, TX
Stevenson - Cuero, TX
Wallace - Colorado City, TX
Wheeler - Plainview, TX
$5,000 Recruiting Bonus Available at the Following Units:
Allred - Iowa Park, TX
Beto - Palestine, TX
Clements - Amarillo, TX
Coffield - Palestine, TX
Connally - Kenedy, TX
Dalhart - Dalhart, TX
Eastham - Lovelady, TX
Ellis - Huntsville, TX
Estelle - Huntsville, TX
Ferguson - Midway, TX
Hughes - Gatesville, TX
Lewis - Woodville, TX
McConnell - Beeville, TX
Michael - Palestine, TX
Polunsky - Livingston, TX
Robertson - Abilene, TX
Smith - Lamesa, TXS
Stiles - Beaumont, TX
Telford - New Boston, TX
The following Military Occupational Specialty codes are generally applicable to this position. Applicants must fully complete the summary of experience to determine if minimum qualifications are met. 31, 19, 18, 11, 31C, 31E, 31B, 19K, 19D, 18B, 11B, 749X, 649X, MA, 5811, 5831, 5832, 5804, 58, 3P
Military veterans who wish to apply for a Correctional Officer position are exempt from taking the CO pre-employment test. Call us for more information.
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Medical/Health Insurance Plan
- Other Insurance Plans
- Other Paid Leave
- Professional Development/Tuition Reimbursement
- Pre-Tax Programs for Child and Health Care
- Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vacation Leave
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $3,019.84 to $3,587.45 /month
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Parental leave