R&D Scientist, Technology
IDbyDNA is seeking a dedicated, passionate, and experienced wet lab R&D Scientist to be part of a high-performing, mission-driven, and rapidly growing R&D team. In this role, you will contribute to research efforts for the development and improvement of high-quality, commercial-scale methods and technologies for next-generation sequencing-based testing. IDbyDNA Inc. offers a highly creative, collaborative and innovative working environment. The title and compensation will depend on the qualification.
- Operate in a multidisciplinary group involving members of the Medical Affairs, Bioinformatics, Clinical Laboratory, and Commercial teams
- Participate in planning, executing, and documenting method and technology development validation studies for new products
- Lead one or more research projects that arise from research collaborations with external partners
- Manage one or more research technicians
- Prepare data and analyses, and contribute to manuscripts and presentations
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in molecular biology or related field
- Extensive experience with molecular biology methods, including next-generation sequencing
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively and positively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced organization with high expectations on quality of deliverables
- Expertise in next generation sequence-based microbial identification
- Familiarity with Bioinformatics concepts and approaches
- Experience in diagnostic test development and validation
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
About IDbyDNA: IDbyDNA has developed transformative metagenomics technology to simultaneously profile tens of thousands of microorganisms and pathogens in any sample. Our turn key Explify® Platform easily integrates into medical laboratories to deliver actionable information to healthcare providers. Working with our global partners, we are setting the standard for the identification and understanding of microorganisms and their role in human health.
Job Type: Full-time
- Salt Lake City, UT (Required)
- Please answer Question A and B (either Yes or No):
Question A: Are you legally authorized to work in the United States for our Company?
Question B: Do you now, or will you in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status, etc.) to work legally for our Company in the United States?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance