The company is a 125 year-old, 100% employee-owned company that manufactures custom open die and rolled ring forgings. Markets served include aerospace, infrastructure, energy, transportation, mining and national defense.
This role will be located in Spring Grove, IL.
The CFO will provide leadership, management and guidance to the Company's Chief Executive Officer, leadership team and Board of Directors on all matters relating to the financial strategy and operations of the firm, to include but not limited to oversight of all accounting, budgeting, financial analysis and pricing; financial reporting, compliance management; investor relations; treasury activities, and tax and audit compliance. The CFO is a critical member of the leadership team and must be able to contribute beyond a purely technical functional perspective.
- Maintain and ensure that the organization's accounting policies and procedures are in line with regulatory requirements and management best practices.
- Develop peer relationships that create mutual understanding and encourage leaders and all employee owners to utilize the “value added” nature of the role to improve decision making.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the accounting. Strong “hands on” sense of financial statements, asset and balance sheet management, tax savvy and compliance, proven grasp of operations, cost accounting, general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and various special analysis.
- Support the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors in the continuing development and implementation of business strategies in support of the rapid development and growth of the Company's business to include both organic growth and possible merger/acquisition initiatives.
- Report and respond on all accounting; financial reporting; and regulatory compliance matters to the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Represent the organization and lead all business relations with the organization's external auditors.
- Development, implementation, and oversight of all financial personnel as well as processes and controls, including ensuring practices consistent with proper accounting standards and effectiveness in tracking and measuring operational efficiency.
- Development/management of detailed performance reporting, including analysis of key performance metrics to highlight operating issues/challenges or profit opportunities.
- Maintenance/development of commercial/investment banking relationships and dialogue with broader investment community.
- Participate on the 401k advisory committee ensuring optimal fund selection criteria, efficient expense ratio and necessary fiduciary compliance.
- 15 plus years of progressive experience within a multi-plant manufacturing company is highly preferred, with specific reference to CFO responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly collaborative and flat organization is ideal to fit into this "roll up your sleeves" type culture.
- Business partnering and experience building strong working relationships with sales, manufacturing, material management, human resources, and plant personnel teams.
- Progressive hands-on experience in developing business plans, operational plans and objectives; budgets and related implementation plans,
- Ability to solve complex tactical or strategic problems, and develop and recommend new alternative tactics and strategies.
- In-depth knowledge and proven track record of financial management and accounting requirement for an ESOP or privately-owned firm, to include in-depth knowledge of prevailing ESOP regulations. Public or international experience a plus.
- Proven ability to operate successfully in a rapid growth and entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong team builder and mentor able to maximize employee owners’ potential to ensure increasingly demanding and complex business needs are met.
- Good conceptual vision and the intellectual ability to think strategically about the financial requirements of the business three to five years out.
- Visible “passion for the business” and capability to motivate and have a broad sphere influence on the overall organization
Education and Related Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- CPA or MBA required
- Manufacturing experience required
- MRP software experience required; J.D Edwards experience a plus
- Advanced proficiency skill level in Excel required
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans encouraged to apply.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Type: Full-time
- CFO: 5 years (Required)
- Controller: 3 years (Required)
- Treasury: 3 years (Required)
- Manufacturing Industry: 5 years (Required)
- Board of Director: 2 years (Preferred)