Contract$41 - $46 an hour
- ACLS Certification
- Documentation review
- AHA Certification
- BLS Certification
Full Job Description
The RN manages the nursing care of patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Performs initial and on-going physical and psycho-social assessment according to accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Participates in treatment team conferences to assist in planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each patient.
- Implements nursing plan of care for assigned patients and conducts and/or co-leads group therapy sessions for patients.
- Evaluates patient's response to interventions and revises nursing plan of care as needed.
- Collaborates with the treatment team to revise goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the changes in patient status.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- NY RN/LPN License
- Current BLS Certification as a Healthcare Provider (American Heart Association).
- Previous work experience on an acute Psychiatric Unit preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Contract: 13-week assignment
Hours: 11pm – 7am
Salary: $41hr - $46hr/DOE
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $41.00 - $46.00 per hour
- registered nurse: 2 years (Preferred)
- Sigma EMR systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Skill nursing facility: 2 years (Required)
- NY -Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- BLS, ACLS (Preferred)
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift