MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE. The individual serving in this role will be able to perform maintenance and have the ability to trouble shoot HVAC systems at varying degrees for our commercial HVAC customers. He/She will utilize our technology, technical capability, and provide excellent customer service to create a memorable experience for our customer(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities(include, but are not limited to)
- Fully understands the refrigeration cycles to include: identifying components in advanced refrigeration circuits, understanding how each component works, diagnosing and correcting problems in the refrigeration circuit, using manifold gauge set, pressure/temperature chart and temperature measuring devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot. Understands refrigeration recovery, evacuation and charging, understands the installation and sizing of refrigerant piping.
- Fully understands and has mastered the heating cycle to include: identifying components in heating system, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the heating system using a gas pressure test and other devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot and repair. Fully understands and has mastered the theory of combustion and how it relates to combustible fuels such as gas and oil. Must be able to perform a combustion analysis on all combustible heating systems and analyze its results.
- Fully understands how electricity travels, AC and DC currents, single phase and three phase circuits, and series and parallel circuits. Ability to read advanced wiring diagrams. Knowledge of Ohms Law. Ability to use multi-meters to read voltage, current and resistance values. Must be able to troubleshoot advanced electrical circuits.
- Fully understands the fundamentals of temperature and humidity measurement and control in air conditioning units. Understands the process of treating air so as to simultaneously control its temperature, humidity, cleanliness and distribution. Ability to use a psychometric chart to determine the results of mixing air having various properties.
- Fully understands and has either mastered or is working to improve knowledge for all types of HVAC systems and how each component within the system operates in conjunction with the other components and how that impacts the overall operations of the system as a whole. These systems include but are not limited to air cooled, water cooled, hot water systems, chilled water systems, VAV systems, steam heating systems and building automation control systems.
- Proficient in Soldering & Brazing
- Understand and be able to navigate multiple building automation controls systems.
- Communicate with customers in a professional manner that represents the professionalism that Total-HVAC requires.
- Communicate with dispatch in a timely manner to allow for efficient dispatching of calls.
- Keep accurate documentation as requested (i.e. timecards and service tickets)
- Technician must maintain a professional appearance at all times. Shirts tucked in clean shaven facial hair, trimmed beard etc.
- Technician will be on time as scheduled per dispatch or normal working hours and expected to work an on-call rotation,
Standing and/or walking for extended periods of time. Squatting or stooping, lifting of 25-75 pounds, reaching and the use of step ladders, extension ladders and lifts
Job Type: Full-time
- Service Technician: 3 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)