Associated Retinal Consultants, P. C., is one of the largest retina sub-specialty practices in the United States with 20 physicians practicing cutting-edge medicine and research, in 16 locations across Michigan.
We offer competitive pay and, a generous benefit package, which includes employer-paid health insurance, and a substantial retirement package for full-time employees. Career development opportunities are available for qualified candidates.
We are seeking a full-time Customer Service Rep to staff our Central Scheduling / Call Center operations located at our Novi administrative office.
Purpose: The Customer Service Representative will answer calls for a busy, multiple-physicians’ office, scheduling patient appointments, answering questions, and responding to requests. The Customer Service Representative will also verify patient and insurance information; perform backup duties for Medical Office Specialists, as needed; and complete other tasks as assigned.
Key Duties/Responsibilities (may include but are not limited to):
- Consistently provide excellent customer service, pleasantly greeting all callers, and communicating with callers and patients in a respectful and helpful manner.
- Answer inbound calls in a call center setting within designated time frames, answer questions, and direct calls to appropriate person.
- Schedule patient appointments accurately in Practice Management System and consistent with individual physician preference.
- Gather appropriate patient information about medical complaints/concerns and document these accurately and concisely in communications to the physicians and/or office staff. Communications are prioritized appropriately.
- Verify and accurately record patient demographic, insurance, and other information.
- Work with team of co-workers in Call Center and the clinics to answer questions and maintain appropriate scheduling of patients.
- Effectively perform individual share of the workload and actively engage in other assigned tasks during periods of low call volume.
- On occasion, may provide backup to, and perform all duties of, Medical Office Specialists at ARC clinics, as needed.
- Perform other clinical and administrative office functions, including those associated with support of satellite offices, as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in a medical office
- Working knowledge of insurance carriers and their requirements, including prior authorization, preferred
- Excellent phone etiquette, verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Proficient keyboarding skills, working knowledge of database systems, and comfortable with the use of technology
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Practice Management System following initial training period
- Ability to perform as a team player
Work Schedule: Varies, but typically Monday through Friday with working hours ranging from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Potential for Saturday work hours depending on location. Work shift hours vary depending on employment status, but generally are 8 hours in length.
- Lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Sit for long periods of time
- Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch
- Use hand and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects
Tool/Personal Protective Equipment Requirements: N/A
Environment: Work usually takes place in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office settings.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 1 year
- medical office: 1 year
- insurance carrier requirements, including prior auths,: 1 year
- High school or equivalent
Required work authorization: