The Sr. Software Engineer is a medium level to advanced level software engineer. This person has mastery in several development methodologies, languages, tools, and design patterns. They are well versed in agile methodology and working as part of a geographically distributed, multi-disciplinary IT team. They can resolve moderate to difficult technical problems/challenges and lead the resolution of those problems. The Sr. Software Engineer is able to work independently while making sound decisions that move their tasks forward effectively.
The Sr. Software Engineer is an effective teammate and helps mentor team members by assisting in their areas of expertise. This role will escalate issues to project leadership to prevent project delays. This person must foster a team environment where all members are included in the solution and leadership is aware of all actions taken. Their team includes other Senior Engineers, Software Engineers, Business Analysts, System Architects, Quality Assurance Engineers and DBAs.
Job Skills and Experience
- Microsoft SQL Server, C#.NET, ASP.NET, Web Protocols
- Microsoft Azure and Azure SASS (Web Jobs, EventGrid, Service Bus)
- Angular 1.x, React JS & Redux
- REST API Concepts
- Unit and Integration Tests
- Dev Ops Principals: Builds, Releases
- WebFocus, Windows, networking, XML
- Entity Framework, SQL stored procedures
- Visual Studio, VS Code
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Computer programming, Information Systems or similar field, or equivalent work experience in a computer-related field.
- 5+ years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Experience developing scalable web based applications
- Familiarity with Agile and Dev Ops Tools which contribute to the Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and collaborate with team toward that goal
- Dev Ops Release and Deployment experience
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.