Westminster Presbyterian Church
Job Title: Facilities Team Lead
Reports To: Director of Facilities
FLSA Status: Exempt
An engaged, urban partner sharing the good news with a world in need of God’s peace, love, and justice, Westminster has been a telling presence in the city since 1857.
With stirring worship services, beautiful traditions, and a progressive church culture, Westminster is a home for people of all ages and backgrounds to deepen their faith and make a difference in the world.
The church offers ministries in adult, children, and youth education; music and the arts; and social justice, with a highly engaged congregation welcoming and caring deeply for all people within and beyond its walls.
As an active and influential member of the city, Westminster collaborates with other faith, business, and social service partners to make our community a place where justice flourishes, love is shared, and people are valued.
The Facilities Team Lead…
- Embraces and supports the mission of Westminster Presbyterian Church
- Continues the church’s transition into a new full-city block facility.
- Supports the Director of Facilities in the development of the church’s capacity to host events.
- Administers and performs functions relating to the facilities needs of the church in an ethical and professional manner.
- Enthusiastically collaborates with staff and church members in creating a welcoming, well-maintained, safe, hospitable facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the normal daily schedule, the Facilities Team Lead is available Sundays and weekday evenings as required to perform the following duties:
- Help manage the day-to-day operations of Westminster.
- Completing preventative maintenance on all components of the church.
- Assists and occasionally performs tasks related to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and custodial; assists the management of the multiple vendors responsible for the maintenance of facility elements (e.g., mechanical, lighting, security, HVAC, landscaping).
- Supports the Facilities Director as the 24/7 point of contact for HVAC, plumbing, security, and fire alarm calls, responding within 30 minutes by phone.
Event and Program/Ministry Support
- Assists the Events Manager and Events Support Coordinator for the successful execution and completion of events held in the church.
- Ensures support of events by the facilities staff team, including room preparation and AV support.
- Maintains and responds to the security needs of the church, occasionally while off-duty.
- Ensures a facility staff member is on site for all functions and that security protocol is followed.
Supervisory and Interpersonal Responsibilities
- Assists with the supervision of the facilities staff, including scheduling, assignment and supervision of tasks.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with church policies and applicable laws.
- Interacts with church members in addressing questions and resolving concerns.
- Has at least five years related experience in facilities management.
- Has a Boiler License or is willing to work toward it.
- Has ability to operate or learn to operate audio/visual systems and presentation equipment such as overhead projectors and screens, laptops and Power Point.
- Shows ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong collaboration and interpersonal skills to build relationships and teamwork, including ability to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Able to provide clear instructions and documentation in a professional, helpful, courteous, culturally sensitive, and diplomatic manner.
- Shows capacity to work independently and proactively by identifying or initiating ways to enhance processes, procedures, or outcomes.
- Demonstrates high level of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
Start Date: 1-1-19
Job Type: Full-time
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Graveyard (Required)