As a Graphic Designer / Production Specialist, you will have a dual role working in graphic design and production. You will be responsible for creating computer generated vinyl and full-color graphics output that can be weeded, cut, and applied or printed and mounted to a substrate. In production, you will be responsible for all aspects of the physical construction and assembling of signs from computer cut vinyl and wide format full-color printouts, which includes proofreading and conducting quality assurance to ensure the accuracy of signs. The ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated team player who can work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and who is determined to make every project his or her absolute best.
- Designs all the graphics for printed projects - from brochures to outdoor signage
- Inspects jobs for accuracy before sending them to the plotter or printer
- Follows a layout to place computer-generated vinyl or full-color graphic images on a pre-determined substrate or medium
- Prepares substrates for application of vinyl to create signs
- Performs finishing operations such as laminating, and/or mounting of printed pieces
- Provides proofs as necessary
- Installs simple signs or window graphics when necessary
- Performs other duties as needed, such as answering the phone, helping at the front counter, consulting with customers, etc.
- High school diploma or GED required; advanced education degree preferred
- Experience as a graphic designer, sign-related computer operator, or in desktop publishing required, including an advanced level of experience using Adobe applications- printing experience a plus
- Strong PC and Adobe skills and sign production software skills preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Able to work well under pressure to output high volume, high-quality work and have a sense of urgency
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift 50 or more pounds
- Must have the flexibility to lean over a waist-high table and use back forth hand motions to apply vinyl letters and graphics to a substrate
- Able to use light power equipment such as a drill
- You will be eligible for company paid holidays and earned company paid vacation.
- FASTSIGNS training will be provided consistent with your role, interests, and career development plans.
FASTSIGNS® locations are independently owned and operated.
Job Type: Full-time
- Graphic Design: 1 year (Preferred)