Full Job Description
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the nation. We are a network of 11 hospitals, trauma centers, neighborhood health centers, nursing homes, and post-acute care centers. We are a home care agency and a health plan, MetroPlus. Our health system provides essential services to 1.4 million New Yorkers every year in more than 70 locations across the city's five boroughs. Our diverse workforce of more than 42,000 employees are uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible. Visit us at nychhc.org and stay connected on facebook.com/nycHHC or Twitter@hhcnyc.
With approximately 60,000 admissions per year and 10,000 average daily population in twelve jails citywide, the NYC jail system is among the largest in the nation. The Division of Correctional Health Services (CHS) of the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation is responsible for the delivery of medical and behavioral health care, social work services, discharge planning and reentry services 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. CHS is a national leader in the delivery of health care to the justice-involved population and works continuously to improve access to, and quality and continuity of, care within the jail system.
Hire in Rate
From $37,300 per year up to $40,000 per year
Under direct supervision, assists in the planning, designing and evaluating of programs and systems (or subdivision thereof) relating to health care services. Participates in the implementation by appropriate research, liaison and follow-up operations.
1. Conducts aspects and segments of various studies on Health Care problems as, but not limited to:
a. Feasibility of health delivery systems and resource utilization;
b. Effectiveness and efficiency of existing health care programs;
c. Information needs within the Corporation; and,
d. Socio-economic and demographic analysis.
2. Applies various statistical and quantitative research techniques, and collects, classifies, analyzes and summarizes data and prepares recommendations concerning assigned health care problems.
3. Prepares drafts of reports, memorandums and other correspondence dealing with program planning and assigned projects.
4. Performs library research, studies and other information gathering activities and prepares these materials for input into reports and/or meetings and conferences.
5. Assists in the liaison and coordination activities with operational health facilities personnel, community representatives and governmental and health care programs.
6. Assists in designing evaluative measures and procedures by which program efficiency and costs effectiveness can be audited and assists in the evaluation audits.
7. Participates in the development of detailed design for research studies and the evaluation approaches, methods and techniques employed in the study and solution to the problem or for the development of plans and programs.
8. Performs related tasks as required.
1. A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Engineering or Social Science, Health Care Specialization, Physical Sciences or related program; or,
2. High School graduate with four years of experience related to Health Care Program Planning, Research, Design, Operation, Evaluation and Analysis; or,
3. A satisfactory equivalent combination of training, education and experience; and,
4. Demonstrated skills in written and oral communication.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button or mail your resume, noting the above Job ID #, to:
NYC Health + Hospitals / Correctional Health Services
Human Resources Department
55 Water Street, 18th Floor
New York, NY 10041
Attn: Talent Acquisition
If applying online, please include your cover letter in the same file attachment with your uploaded resume.