FIGS is looking for an amazing, well-rounded full stack developer with a full range of Shopify experience (we rely heavily on Shopify Plus as our e-commerce platform). As a member of the Technology team, you will be be crucial in extending our e-commerce system as well as building internal applications, dashboards, and other systems that will help us become more efficient with readily-accessible, reliable data. We are currently building in Laravel and are looking for senior developers that excel at modern Laravel. The role will report directly to FIGS' VP of Technology.
What you'll do:
- Contribute immediately to our ongoing Shopify theme and application development
- Build ridiculously amazing things with code
- Work as a lead developer on projects with a small team or alone as we grow
- Write tests to ensure a sane TDD environment as we define our development processes
- Stay up to date with the latest API updates for our core services (ie. Shopify Plus) and make adjustments accordingly
- Collaborate, brainstorm, teach, and learn with our team
Other must haves:
- Experience working with and designing REST APIs
- Minimum of 3 years working as a Full Stack Developer in one or more of the following
- Ruby (Ruby on Rails)
- PHP (Laravel)
- Demonstrable expertise with SQL and ORMs like Eloquent, ActiveRecord
- Comfortable with Linux and command line development
- Bonus points for the following:
- Experience with modern front end frameworks like React, Vue.js,
- A solid understanding of the Shopify API, experience working on Shopify Apps and Themes
- Amazon Redshift, experience with Concourse, Jenkins or other CI software
- Knowledge of e-commerce analytics, business information analytics
- Links to sites and/or services that you've built or contributed to
- Positive attitude
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- 100% Awesome. Like our scrubs.
Please apply with your cover letter, resume, and examples of previous work to be considered.
A little bit about us…
The $50 billion medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS' foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS' Core Collection fabric is antimicrobial, wrinkle resistant, stain and liquid repellant, moisture-wicking, odor proof, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS' Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need in over 35 countries.