Merakey is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our Facilities team in our Southampton Road location in Philadelphia, PA.
$16.59 per hour
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for completing various maintenance, grounds and facilities tasks at multiple sites including group homes. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Proficient in performing surface preparation and paint, desk and furniture repairs, wall and ceiling tile repairs, minor electrical repairs and roofing repairs.
- HVAC systems repairs, parking lot/roadway repair and maintenance, minor plumbing repairs and maintenance, grounds maintenance (such as trimming of small trees and shrubs, debris/branch/weed cleanup, snow removal).
- Door repair experience is a must, plus any necessary renovations and upgrades to the physical plant and facility.
- Completing maintenance work orders and the ability and knowledge to perform complex, difficult tasks in a professional manner as assigned by the immediate facilities supervisor and/or manager.
- Work is accomplished within established procedures and according to manager's approximation of time to complete given tasks.
- This position does not require a trade license and employee will be given tasks to complete based on the needs of the facility and the judgments of the facility manager/supervisors needs.
- The employee will have to work with house managers completing Work Orders requests.
- Will be given direction from his/her immediate supervisor or manger.
- Work assigned schedule to meet programmatic needs as scheduled by supervisor.
- Overtime may be mandatory if necessary.
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
- Marketplace Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
For more information on Merakey and our various divisions, please visit: www.merakey.org
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at email@example.com.
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Must be 18 years of age
- A verifiable High School Diploma
- Valid Driver's License
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in maintenance/construction
- Preferred candidate to have a general knowledge of fire alarm systems
Pay Rate is $16.59 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled