July 26, 2012
Ticket Sales Consultant - University of Maryland Athletics - The Aspire Group (College Park, MD)
Full Time Position (40hrs/week) Directly Reports To: Fan Relationship Management Center (FRMC) Manager
Who We Are & What We Are About: University of Maryland Athletics and The Aspire Group have partnered to develop a world-class ticket sales force on campus in College Park, Maryland. The University of Maryland Athletics have employed the services of The Aspire Group because it combines progressive strategies and distinguished execution. Led by expert professionals that stand at the top of the ticket sales and customer service industry, the University of Maryland and it’s fans will benefit from the commitment to integrity and the superior customer service that The Aspire Group brings to every client.
University of Maryland Athletics and The Aspire Group seek a teachable, positive and passionate individual who is committed to becoming a sports sales industry leader. Sales Consultant’s revenue will be generated primarily via outbound phone calls. These calls will be supplemented with email marketing, face-to-face presentations and in-arena/stadium tours. Day-to-day leadership and mentoring of this career growth oriented sports sales development program will be provided by the FRMC Manager. Sales Consultants will receive the tools, programs, and systems necessary for them to "BE GREAT."
Raise Your Game Executive Development Program: At The Aspire Group commitment to our clients is matched by an equal commitment to our staff. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is a 24 month development cycle designed to accelerate Aspire's Sales Consultants into management positions. The Aspire Group provides career growth opportunities by preparing staff with a foundation in Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service, Sales Management, Sport Business Management and Life Skills. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is recognized as one of the most progressive management training program in the sport industry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties include performing outbound calls for University of Maryland Athletics with a concentration on Football, Men’s & Women’s Basketball and additional Olympic Sports. Inventory which is available for sale from the University of Maryland FRMC include, but not limited to:
a. Season Tickets
b. Season Ticket upgrades and Add-ons
c. Group Tickets
d. Partial/ Mini-Plan Ticket Packages
e. Single game tickets
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Meet or exceed weekly and monthly sales goals while exceeding client expectations in value and customer service.
- Grow sales significantly each week by attracting additional business leads.
- Be prepared to sell on behalf of University of Maryland Athletics & The Aspire Group.
- Maintain computerized records of all prospects and customers within the Paciolan (Ticketing) database.
- Make 100 outbound calls daily.
- Availability to work Athletic events including home games and special events.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Manager.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Desire to start and grow a career in the sports ticket sales industry or collegiate athletics
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and detail oriented
- Previous customer service or retail sales experience; display a genuine desire to help people
- Paciolan or ticketing software experience preferred
- Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills
- Professional image and demeanor
- Ability to work well with others and comfortable taking initiative
- Little or no ticket sales experience required
Compensation: Competitive base pay, plus commissions based on meeting weekly sales goals.
How to Apply: Applicants are recommended to apply through our posting on TeamWorkOnline or contact Fan Relationship Management Center, Director, Sales & Service – Howard Ticker directly with resume & cover letter at – firstname.lastname@example.org.