This position is responsible for all areas of billing including processing , editing and sending bills. The Senior Billing Specialist will be detail-oriented, a good communicator and possess a high work ethic along with the ability to work with general supervision.
Job responsibilities will include the following:
- Print prebills, distribute, make changes and prepare bills.
- Communicate with clients regarding billing questions and their account.
- Print ledger histories and account summaries as needed.
- Edit time corrections received from timekeepers.
- Make requested changes to matters and clients based on New Matter Reports.
- Submit electronic billing to clients.
- Assist in maintaining billing lists, rules and exceptions.
- Respond to internal and external client needs in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Open and close matters, matter reporting
- Open Budget templates for matters
- Contract review for opening matters
Your Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Strong billing experience.
- Knowledge of law office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of contracts and matter budgets
- Experience with PerfectLaw Software desirable.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish good rapport with clients and employees.
- Law Firm Billing: 5 years (required)
- Law Firm: 5 year (Preferred)
- Accounting experience is a plus
Job Type: Full-time