We are a global distribution center for a major global manufacturer seeking 2 first-shift experienced Supervisors for our Distribution Center. Responsibilities include:
This person will supervise 30 full-time employees (plus temporary workers) making sure the work is done in a timely, safe and efficient manner. They will handle both inbound and outbound staging for LTL, domestic and export shipments. Manage the receiving and put-away of all inbound loads as well as oversee all staging, picking and loading of shipments, making sure it is all done accurately..
· Will make sure procedures are followed as well as assign workloads, evaluate employee's performance for quality, accuracy, and efficiency.
· Will adjust workloads and workers hours as needed according to all open orders, and make suggestions so the flow in the department is efficient and accurate.
· Will handle preshift duties - attendance, establishing workloads and work schedules, then participate in daily meetings to communicate with staff regarding workloads, overtime, safety, etc.
· Will inspect equipment for any maintenance issues or defects that need attention.
· Will follow and enforce all safety policies and investigate any employee issues and make appropriate recommendations (PPE, Harassment, etc.)
· Will manage the outbound shipping schedule and make sure orders are shipped on time
· Must be proficient in SAP or equivalent WMS system
· Will organize all paperwork for loading domestic and international orders
· Will manage the domestic and international truck schedule
· Will assure that seals are on loads of finish products leaving the warehouse
· Will verify picking order accuracy and ensure that all trucks are loaded correctly.
· Will coordinate with manufacturing to correct any production errors.
· Will perform random cycle counts on receipts and investigate any computer/paperwork discrepancies
· Will actively participate in the continual improvement of processes
Qualified candidates will have 3+ previous years of supervisory work experience in a Distribution Center/Warehouse - supervising leads, clerks, etc. Reports directly to the DC Manager. Bilingual Spanish skills are a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $62,000.00 /year
- Warehouse supervisory: 3 years (Required)
- LTL: 3 years (Preferred)
- Distribution Center: 3 years (Required)
- export shipments: 3 years (Required)
- SAP: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement