Oversees new building construction, new additions, interior renovations and infrastructure projects, including exterior projects such as site, civil, landscape, hardscape & building envelop, from design stage to completion.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Responsible for bringing project teams together, to program, manage and coordinate multiple projects, clarifying the goal of the project and keeping the team members focused on the business objectives, their independent roles and contributions to the project to ensure that the project is completed on time within budget and to NSU standards.
2. Performs pre-construction coordination to include:
a. Site investigation.
b. Coordinates design process with end user and design professionals.
c. Participates in value engineering process.
d. Participates in constructability review.
e. Reviews construction documents.
f. Assists with Bid Package Development and coordinates bid process through Procurement.
3. Coordinates project start-up by assisting with subcontractor and vendor bidding, identifying critical issues and milestones, accepting and communicating the construction schedule, and coordinating with end users and internal teams regarding scope and schedule.
4. Coordinates construction activities to include:
a. Strategize with subcontractors/construction team.
b. Develops project schedules.
c. Conducts quality control inspections.
d. Verify field installations.
e. Coordinates with OIT, telecommunications and Procurement to install required F.F. & E.
f. Maintains accurate project files.
g. Ensures compliance with Safety Procedures and policies.
h. Performs punch list walk-thru with architect.
i. Collects all close-out documentation.
5. Tracks project costs, negotiates proposal costs and reviews scope changes.
6. Be fully conversant with the workings of the various local city and state agencies as it relates to the projects permitting and approval process.
7. Monitors projects to assure compliance with established laws, codes, ordinances, regulations, policies and procedures; inspects completed projects and contractor work for accuracy, completeness and compliance with established contracts, standards and specifications.
8. Responsible for review/approval of all payment applications and invoicing from contractors, design professionals and subcontractors.
9. Expedites communication between owner, architect, and builder to ensure university requirements are included in the design and implements decisions affecting project construction schedule.
10. Responsible for dispute resolution in matters of field coordination, project scheduling, code compliance, and other related project issues.
11. Responsible for assisting with the update of the University's Masterplan; site planning; building and space planning and management; & Design Guidelines.
12. Assists in the planning and analysis for facilities, transportation, capital projects, landscape, and infrastructure projects.
13. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Marginal Job Functions:
Assists the Director of Design and Construction with the day to day operations.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Thorough knowledge of building codes including Florida Building Code and NFPA.
2. Knowledge of construction drawing software (AutoCAD, Revit) and document/project management software.
3. Thorough knowledge of governmental agencies and requirements for purposes of obtaining construction permits.
4. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, coordinating numerous activities and groups of people who need to come to a common goal and achieve maximum efficiency
5. Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
6. Ability to effectively work with a diverse constituency including architects, engineers, government officials and University staff.
A valid driver's license is required.
Major (if required):
Architecture, Project/Construction Management, Engineering or related field
Seven (8) years experience in project/construction management or construction related field.
1. Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Construction Management.
2. Full knowledge of comprehensive building construction documents including architectural, structural, MEP, life safety, site, civil, landscape and related competencies.
3. Competent in use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
4. Experience dealing with governmental agencies on planning & zoning, plotting and land use issues.
Is this a safety sensitive position (are applicants potentially subject to drug testing)?
Does this position require a criminal background screening?