You are interested in Food, Nutrition, Public Health
Do you know how to code Augmented Reality?
Develop an AR app at EChO Foundation
Join EChO – Eradicate Childhood Obesity Foundation, a 501(c)(3) public charity based in Cambridge, MA that is launching the first mobile app using augmented reality (AR) for better food labeling to help save 14 million children from obesity and its health consequences.
We are seeking graduate or undergraduate interns to assist our foundation (created by a Harvard Advanced Leadership Initiative fellow) to help develop a new AR mobile application for food labels that will tell consumers in real time how much added sugar is in foods and beverages.
Interns can either be paid $17 per hour as part of the Massachusetts Life Sciences Center (MLSC) Internship Challenge, a workforce development program focused on enhancing the talent pipeline for Massachusetts companies (http://www.masslifesciences.com/programs/internship/)
Earn College/University credit while doing an unpaid practicum, co-op, or capstone project or include their work or research thesis and get full review and credit from their school.
We also advise applicants to seek a grant or stipend directly from their schools or institutions that their school may be affiliated with in order to get a stipend for this internship, whenever their school allows it.
Hours are flexible and can be full-time or part-time, adapting to the candidate’s availability and class schedule, with a minimum of 12 hours per week for 12 weeks. It cannot be done remotely. When working full time, interns work from Monday to Friday from 10 AM to 6 PM.
Please indicate potential hours/days available when applying.
Location: This position requires being physically located in the Boston/Cambridge area to attend EChO Team meetings at least once a week in Cambridge, Harvard square area – this internship cannot be done remotely.
EChO – Eradicate Childhood Obesity Foundation, Inc. ("EChO Foundation") is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit startup located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. EChO Foundation has a mission to eradicate childhood obesity throughout the United States and build healthier lives using evidence-based research to drive awareness and nutrition education. We develop mobile applications to engage children and young adults in nutrition. One recent development is Sugar Mon Fight, an AR game you can participate in bringing to market this semester!
- Experience with C, Java or other programming language, knowledge of Unity and Vuforia
- AR experience required
- Interest in nutrition and public health preferred
- Experience with using code versioning systems (SVN or Git)
- Coding websites/apps highly desirable, but not mandatory
- You will work closely with a small team to develop and iterate
- Contribute to project development through system design, data gathering, programming, and documentation.
- Collaborate with other team members to achieve project milestones
- Be able to research and defend possible approaches to solve problems.
- Be able to learn new SDKs, APIs, and new tools as necessary.
Computer Science; Augmented Reality; Data Analysis; Data Mining
Contact Laurent Adamowicz,
EChO Foundation with CV/resume, dates/hours availability, and letter of interest - with your name on each of the files.
laurent.adamowicz @ gmail.com (remove spaces)
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $17.00 /hour
- accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounts Receivable: 1 year (Preferred)