GM Job Purpose: Obtains profit contribution by managing staff; establishing and accomplishing business objectives.
GM Job Duties:
The GM will effectively lead, manage and develop overall store operations and team members to execute best practices and maximize sales and profitability. This role will create a shopping and working environment that exemplifies the company’s commitment to and vision of service, quality and neighborhood partnerships. This position will create a strong company bench by identifying and developing individuals’ skills and abilities.
Communicate and lead teams to deliver the company’s vision, goals, expectations and policies while maintaining open communication channels for ideas, suggestions and feedback.
- Empower teams to deliver a great shopping experience.
- Delegate authority, responsibility and accountability to managers and create a coordinated, motivated management team.
- Demonstrate and role model exceptional customer service exceeding customer expectations; ensure team members greet, assist, provide efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner in order to promote the company image as a service-oriented operation.
- Analyze P&L for business opportunities and to create appropriate action plans/strategies; evaluate store conditions and operations to determine strengths and areas for improvement; reinforce strengths while developing and implementing improved practices and procedures.
- Monitor and analyze the internal and external business environment and manage the store’s competitive response.
- Communicate with district director to cover the status/progress of store operations and management team.
- Manage the fiscal budget, in-stock, inventory, shrink, expenses including labor and supply management and cash control with a high level of integrity, urgency and responsibility and within the best interests of the organization.
- Maximize sales and profits by ensuring effective display and sales techniques, efficient ordering, scheduling and work planning to department managers and team members.
- Ensure each department’s signing and merchandising reflects the preferences of the local customer base and overall value message.
- Manage facility assets including promptly addressing maintenance and safety issues and daily maintenance of floor conditions.
- Ensure store operations are consistent with all aspects of federal, state and company health, safety and sanitation codes.
- Recruit, interview and hire the best-qualified applicants through pro-active and consistent recruitment techniques, within company established compensation guidelines; ensure new team members receive proper orientation and training.
- Ensure adherence to all state and federal employment laws and company policies and procedures regarding team members through partnership with human resource and legal department support staff.
- Manage, support and develop managers through feedback, praise, and recognition; conduct weekly meetings to discuss departments’ progress, financial results, recommendations and training enhancements.
- Measure team member results and conduct regular evaluations of direct and indirect reports; evaluate management team and store team members to determine areas that require additional training.
- Manage with a positive leadership style, provide an open door atmosphere and ensure fair and consistent treatment in employment decisions and in administrating discipline, to promote positive team member morale.
- Train and coach department managers on all KPIs, product processing, and customer service, product knowledge, suggestive selling, safety and sanitation; ensure department managers effectively communicate and train their department team members.
- Provide guidance in product and supply ordering, equipment setup, department organization and vendor assistance.
- Use initiative, ingenuity, creativity and good judgment to act on opportunities and issues as they occur within the store location; teach and advise department manager on sound decision-making principles and application in daily operations.
- Demonstrate a thorough and continually updated knowledge of store operations and seasonal and market trends in order to provide expertise and assistance to all departments.
- Ensure the location is properly stocked and merchandised in accordance with the needs of the community; educate team members on the effect of market area conditions and seasonal variations on product and sales.
- Manage neighborhood partnerships by leveraging corporate resources and strategies; develop and maintain a positive image by participating and partnering in community events.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with customers, team members, schools, vendors, suppliers and regulatory agencies.
- Ensure all policies, programs and directives are communicated and executed in a positive and timely manner.
Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $52,000.00 /year
- Management: 3 years (Required)