About the Job
We are seeking an Instructional Designer with experience creating e-Learning courses for global enterprise audiences. You will create e-Learning courses from existing internal training materials and processes; and develop new training materials for RiseSmart programs, business processes, global implementation projects, and technology products. The ideal candidate will have a track record demonstrating a passion for learning, exceptional cross-functional collaboration skills, and be self-driven.
This position will be based in our San Jose office, although we may consider candidates who will work primarily from a remote home office who can travel to the San Jose office on a semi-regular basis.
What you will do
- Design and develop engaging, effective, and visually compelling e-Learning courses, certification programs, and learning paths for an international audience.
- Build “globally neutral” training materials that are easy to localize and translate.
- Work closely with the Global Learning & Development Manager to ensure that training aligns closely with desired objectives, content, style, and change management practices.
- Partner with Product Managers to understand scope of ongoing software releases, to create and update training courses and resources.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to design and develop new training materials (resources, videos, and e-Learning) on RiseSmart solutions, processes, multi-faceted programs, and online tools for global service delivery team members and end users.
- Coordinate, manage, and execute all aspects of an assigned training project including working with SMEs for content, storyboarding, designing, creating, evaluating results, and revising content.
- Follow instructional design best-practices to design and create instructionally sound and engaging classroom and online technical, soft skill, process-oriented, and global onboarding training programs.
- Develop or assist in the development of career development resources.
- Ability to share portfolio of training materials demonstrating experience with video and e-Learning formats
- 5+ years’ experience in Curriculum Development / Instructional Design / Multimedia Development
- Successful track record working with product and engineering teams, including designing training programs for software products
- Experience in moving training from a live classroom model into an interactive, engaging e-Learning environment
- In-depth experience using e-Learning authoring tools, creating software simulations (screen capture), and editing videos (Articulate 360, Articulate Rise, Storyline, Camtasia, and Adobe Premiere Pro are particularly useful)
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with LMS administration (Exceed LMS a plus) and related course and user management
- Demonstrated experience in assessing training effectiveness (e.g., Kirkpatrick’s four levels of evaluation)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written English skills and outstanding verbal communications essential; must be comfortable/experienced doing course/video voice-overs
- Ability to make decisions, solve problems, and adjust quickly to changing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Manage multiple projects concurrently to meet target dates for implementation
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Innovative thinker with fresh ideas about the best methods to implement scalable training for enterprise solutions
- Experience driving projects and results in a virtual, matrixed environment
- Experience in creation and editing of live video highly desirable
- Specialized training in instructional design methodologies and ISD certification a plus
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, from interfacing with other members of a diverse team to working with multi-national client users
At RiseSmart, our mission is to transition talent to new beginnings. We provide industry-leading outplacement and redeployment solutions that support people through organizational changes, and we do so with passion, a commitment to excellence, and a relentless pursuit of results. Every day we enable impacted employees to find fulfilling work, and we give our Fortune 1000 customers the peace of mind that comes from knowing that they are working with a compassionate, contemporary, outcome-driven team. Our innovative technology has disrupted a $6B industry and helped us grow to become the nation’s fastest growing outplacement provider. Our expert coaching and professional branding teams have successful track records of empowering careers. And, ultimately our results speak for themselves: we have received enormous industry recognition, including Gartner’s “Most Innovative Company,” the “Nation’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For,” Fortune’s “100 Best Companies for Women,” and Deloitte “Fast 500” – recognized as one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies with growth exceeding many impressive companies such as LinkedIn, Yelp, Marketo, Zillow, and ServiceNow.
For more information about RiseSmart's career transition solutions, visit www.risesmart.com.
What's in it for You?
- Be a part of a winning team which is rapidly expanding both within the US and Globally.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent work environment with an award-winning culture: Best Places to Work, Great Rated, Fortune’s “100 Best Companies for Women,” and check out our Glassdoor Rating of 4.0!
- Opportunity to learn and contribute to RiseSmart's continued success in a highly visible role.
RiseSmart is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.