We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Academy Operations Internship
The Academy Operations Internship is a part time, seasonal position, working all D.C. United Academy matches during the U.S. Soccer Developmental Academy Season.
The Event Operations staff will work closely with the Academy Director, Academy Manager and Coordinator in the logistical set-up and tear down of academy matches. Candidates must be available to work flexible hours including evenings, weeekends, and holidays. The U.S. Soccer Developmental Academy season runs from September – December candidates must able to commit to the Fall Season for at least 90% of games.
Specific Tasks Include:
- Set-up break down for all Academy home matches
- Attend Friday training sessions to help prepare jerseys, vans, matchday items
- Coordinate with full time staff members to ensure successful event set-up and execution
- Adhere to a strict event timeline for matchday
- Consistent season-long commitment is mandatory
- Possible travel to away Academy matches
- Previous experience in event management is ideal and a strong leadership background is a plus
- Candidates should be very comfrotable performing physical labor activities
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work-ethic and proactive attitude are essential
- Ability to life 40+lbs without strain
- Comfortable being active, and walking for long durations
Candidates should possess a strong professional attitude, and be extremely detial oriented. Prior event management is a plus. Applicants should be working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis in sports business, management, etc. Candidates receiving credit for participating in our internship program are strongly preferred. All candidates must have a valid driver’s license and complete a background check.