What You’ll Get to Do:
The CACI Database Manager -
Manages the effective implementation of backup and restore procedures and working practices
Communicates changes and enhancements to backup and restore standards, procedures and technology
Reviews backup and restore reports on a daily basis and monitors backup and restore information, standards, procedures, measurements, tools and technology
Determine what reports are produced and the reporting schedule
Works closely with Service Level Management to ensure data management services remain capable of meeting ongoing and future requirements
Estimates overall storage resource and budget requirements for Asset Management as input to the IT plan in conjunction with other process owners
Collates and analyzes process measurements associated with data management and recommends improvement activities based on service deviation
This position requires a top secret clearance and a polygraph.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.