Avionics Software Project Manager (AER0004KK) ‘C’
External Description - External Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you! We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States. We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program – the International Space Station (ISS), NASA’s Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon’s surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway. We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind’s understanding of the origins of our solar system. We need you to be a part of our team! We are currently in need of a Avionics Software Project Manager to join our team with ERC, Inc. a JETS teammate company. Do you have the following skills?
As a Avionics Software Project Manager you will: - Manage, review, and report on all aspects of performance (technical scope, cost, schedule, risk) for projects. - Provide guidance and oversight of software engineering products and services and the development of computer hardware and software requirements. - Develop project proposals and cost estimates. - Maintain familiarity with and provide guidance on NASA software engineering requirements and work instructions. - Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications - External
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and ten (10) years of direct engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and eight (8) years of direct engineering experience, or Ph.D. and four (4) years of direct engineering experience.
- Previous software engineering experience for high criticality avionics software.
- Previous software project management experience (technical scope, cost, and schedule performance; risk management).
- Experience in developing schedules, budgets, and project plans.
- Experience with project management tools such as Microsoft Project.
- Experience managing a team of up to 20 contract and subcontract personnel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a history of effectively interacting with senior managers at all levels.
- Must be proactive, responsive and show great initiative.
- Significant direct project development experience with NASA.
- Experience negotiating customer and stakeholder requirements and managing customer expectations. - -- Experience with avionics systems development efforts.
- Experience across the full SDLC (Software Development Life Cycles)
- Familiarity with: - NPR 7120.10A Technical Standards for NASA Programs and Projects.
- NPR 7123.1B NASA Systems Engineering Processes and Requirements. - NPR 7150.2C NASA Software Engineering Requirements. - NASA JSC EA Work Instruction 025 GFE Flight Project Software and Firmware Development.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement