Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world’s leading global law firms with almost 4,000 lawyers and staff in 30 offices is seeking a Global Travel Manager reporting to the Director of Travel & Procurement. This position will reside in the Philadelphia, PA office and will be responsible for managing day to day operations and driving continuous improvement of the firm’s global travel services and resources (policies, processes, people, vendors, technology). The role will also develop/lead key transformation initiatives designed to optimize the firm’s travel program cost, quality, service delivery and innovation in travel related categories (air, lodging, ground transportation, meetings, group travel, duty of care, etc.)
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads the operational and management activities of the travel department and serves as the SME for all global travel-related activities; manages service performance hands-on; communicates frequently with all layers of the firm.
- Primary contact for the internal traveler/arranger community in fielding general travel related questions; providing education/guidance on travel policy and procedures; investigating/resolving problems with travel service providers.
- Key contributor in assessing travel processes, tools, and policies to strengthen the travel program and enhance traveler experience.
- Serves as project manager for travel management initiatives and rollouts. Coordinates cross-functionally to collect data, obtain feedback and drive project timelines. Leads development of deliverables.
- Partners with the Vendor Management Office and collaborates with key functional leaders to evaluate, recommend and implement strategic travel program changes and new technology to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the travel process. Benchmarks other firms.
- Assists to select, implement and terminate travel supplier relationships (agency, online booking tool, air, car, hotel, strategic meeting management, travel risk management).
- Oversight of the travel management company(ies) including all operational issues, SLA’s, management reporting systems and adherence to policy; understands and incorporates unique travel considerations for all regions of the world.
- Leverages peer and industry best practices and benchmarks to measure internal performance and make recommendations for continuous improvement; ensures data driven program decisions.
- Monitors travel related policy compliance and recommends strategies to improve compliance, when necessary.
- Benchmark, analyze, monitor and report on key travel metrics and total travel expenditures.
- Leads by example; establishes clear expectations; sets direction and priorities; ensures that work levels are balanced among all staff; resolves staffing issues in a timely manner; keeps staff informed of all appropriate information; builds effective teams; delegates at appropriate level.
- Facilitates the development of staff by providing opportunities and support; provides timely feedback on work product; regularly coaches, evaluates, and recognizes staff performance and accomplishments.
- Establishes/adheres to Department budget; seeks opportunities to improve Department efficiency and reduce expenses by streamlining operations.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities but oversees many external third party travel service providers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This job requires:
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- A Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
- A minimum 10 years of travel industry experience with 5 years in a management or supervisory role
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following knowledge skills and abilities:
- Technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hospitality/customer service skills
- Supervisory skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinking
- Project management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Planning/organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business and professional publications, prepare business correspondence, proposals, reports; effectively present information to groups and respond to questions
- Advanced arithmetic skills (compute rate, ratio, percent’ able to create and interpret graphs and charts
- Ability to solve practical problems, dealing with a variety of variables
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a basic knowledge of / be proficient in the following software:
- MS Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Visio & Project
- Knowledge of global distribution systems (Sabre), online booking tools, (Concur, Deem, Get There, Amadeus), Cvent
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Recommended but not required: Global Travel Professional (GTP), Certified Travel Associate (CTA), Certified Travel Counselor (CTC), Certified Travel Industry Executive (CTIE) or equivalent education/training preferred.
Qualified candidates must apply online by visiting our website at www.morganlewis.com and selecting “Careers.”
Morgan Lewis is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.