The Research Associate position was created for individuals who are interested in enhancing their knowledge set and working in a fast paced environment. The Research Associate's primary responsibility is to provide research and administrative support for the firm’s internal Investment Banking and Financial Analysts, as well as other team members. The Research Associate will work on research projects and ad hoc global projects. . Working alongside a group of investment bankers grants the Research Associate constant exposure to a ‘behind the scenes’ perspective on the investment banking industry. The position will cover Specialist, Macro-Economic Research (SMR) and be aligned to the Technology/Media/Telecoms sectors.
- Provide value-added, consistently accurate and timely research on companies, industries and markets to support strategic financial decisions
- Possess strong knowledge and understanding of secondary research sources for financial and statistical data on companies and industries, with alignment to the Technology, Media and Telecomms sectors
- Perform macro-economic and general company research to support the creation of pitch books, or company specific and industry reports
- Additional tasks include:
- Knowledge management: utilization of tools including Microsoft SharePoint and email forums
- Accurately record resource and time utilization metrics
- Maintain a heightened awareness of compliance and client confidentiality obligations
- Advise client business units on the cost of information in order to assist in managing research spend
- Conduct federated news runs on a specific industry or topic
- Analyze corporate ownership structures
- Provide M&A deal related information and metrics
- Research experience in financial services, consulting or a professional services firm
- Ability to handle fluctuating priorities with efficiency and accuracy, including coordination with offshore delivery team supporting similar efforts.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to provide fluidity across working relationships
- Ability to work effectively with regional and global partners/alliances to deliver comprehensive client solutions
- Strong work ethic, enthusiastic attitude, and eager team contributor
- Flexible approach to duties and hours of work
- 1-2 years of experience in an information management or sector research role.
- Undergraduate degree in Library Sciences, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, or Statistics. MBA or CFA (any Level) a plus
- Experience in working with financial services and related organizations including brokerage firms, third party research outfits, investment banks, private equity firms, corporate finance firms, etc.
- Understanding of financial statements, analyst transcripts and corporate earnings guidance
- Awareness of and adept use of public information and proficiency with multiple proprietary third-party tools and databases
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Exposure to any of the following data sources
ISI Emerging Markets
Thomson One Banker
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- SharePoint: 1 year (Preferred)
- Financial Statement Preparation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative: 1 year (Preferred)