- Time Management
- Restaurant Experience
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office
Manages day-to-day operations of the restaurant while also focusing on long-term goals and objectives; ensures a strong focus on craveable food and raveable service. Develops, leads, and holds accountable Managers and hourly Team Members to attain hospitality, sales and profit objectives while maintaining the highest standards of quality food, beverage, service, cleanliness, and sanitation.
An ideal General manager also:
- Has a business owner mentality.
- Lives by a servant leadership philosophy to always serve others first.
- Understands, complies with, and enforces:
- All Company policies, procedures, and operating standards.
- All federal/state/local laws and ordinances.
- Clearly and respectfully communicates to all Team Members and members of the Management team.
- Oversees and assists as needed with inventory, purchasing, receiving, and storage of Company-specified products.
- Supervises the quality of food preparation and raw product specifications.
- Responsible for rolling out new menus, products, and promotions.
- Resolves all Guest complaints, striving for a flawless recovery to build brand loyalty.
- Hires, supervises, develops, and when necessary, disciplines Team Members.
- Oversees the scheduling of Team Members, making sure there are sufficient Team Members present to cover peak service periods within approved budgetary guidelines, while working toward reducing Team Member turnover and avoiding overtime.
- Ensures a harassment-free environment for all Team Members and Managers.
- Leads and manages successful, quality shifts by consistently utilizing systems and tools.
- Trains, coaches, and counsels Team Members and facilitates their development.
- Ensures all Team Members have a development plan in place and follows up continually.
- Evaluates Team Member performance semi-annually.
- Develops Assistant Managers and Hourly Team Members; creates promotable candidates.
- Manages new hires and changes of status for Team Members to ensure accurate and timely payroll and record-keeping.
- Creates Management schedules, following established Company guidelines and procedures, while maintaining established budgetary guidelines.
- Ensures each Manager has a development plan in place.
- Conducts one-on-ones with each Manager on a weekly basis to follow up on assigned tasks and development plan.
- Conducts weekly Manager Meeting.
- Maintains professional restaurant and Team Member image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Upholds restaurant safety, sanitation, and security standards at all times.
- Ensures building, equipment, furniture and fixtures are in good repair, clean and maintained on a regular basis.
- Ensures that all operations, recipes, specifications books, and training materials are current and maintained.
- Drives top-line sales by managing all marketing efforts within the 4 Walls, 4 Blocks, and 4 Miles (with support from his/her Franchise Owner).
- Manages and coaches overall P & L awareness, performance and accountability.
- Consistently meets budgeted sales and profitability expectations.
- Lives our Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal/listening/communication skills
- Excellent problem resolution/Customer recovery skills.
- Attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Outstanding organization and time management skills.
- Inspires cooperation and teamwork through self-confidence, positive attitude, and enthusiasm.
- Is self-disciplined and motivated.
- Remains positive and calm under stressful conditions.
- Experienced and proficient in the use of basic computer technology (i.e., POS systems, Microsoft Office programs, etc.).
- Strong commitment to serving others.
- Dependable, trustworthy and has excellent integrity.
- Creates friendly relationships with our Guests; is genuinely hospitable, warm, and polite.
- Commits to professional and personal self-development.
- Must have sufficient mobility including, but not limited to bending, turning, twisting upper body, reaching.
- Be able to transport and carry objects (such as cases of product and food plates) up to 35 pounds.
- Be able to wipe down prep tables, maintain a clean station area, and pick up any debris off the floor in all areas of the restaurant.
- Must be able to work while standing and moving at a rapid pace as the job requires.
- Must be able to complete the job functions in a variety of temperature ranges, including cold temperatures in the cooler/freezer and warm temperatures in the kitchen area.
- Must meet any federal, state, county, or municipal regulations pertaining to the service of food and beverages.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a General Manager in a similar restaurant concept or successful Assistant Manager with the Hummus & Pita Co.Successful completion of the Hummus & Pita Co.’s Management Training Program.
Job Type: Full-time
- general manager: 2 years (Preferred)
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)