WILBUR WRIGHT COLLEGE
The Engineering Department of Wilbur Wright College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, seeks an Engineer to provide efficient and professional engineering services, operation, and maintenance of the building and grounds.
- Ensures the safe and efficient operation of equipment, machinery, and buildings.
- Operates and repairs heating and ventilation equipment, steam plants, motors, combustion engines, pumps, air compressors, ice and refrigeration equipment, air conditioning units, fans and automatic/power oiling pumps and engines.
- Adheres to all standards of operation, laws, statues, and industry best practices.
- Maintains building equipment and machinery to keep them in excellent working conditions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a high school diploma or the equivalent. Must possess a Stationary Engineers License recognized through the City Colleges of Chicago. Current membership in Local # 399’s is preferred.
- Knowledge of the operation and repair of heating and ventilation equipment, steam plants, motors, combustion engines, pumps, air compressors, ice and refrigeration equipment, air-conditioning units, fans and automatic/power oiling pumps and engines.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of a pool is preferred.
- Must have familiarity with rooftop HVAC units.
- Must have knowledge of other trades.
- Experience with Johnson Controls BAS system preferred.
Tuesday through Friday:
2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Work schedule is subject to change based upon facility hours of operation. Advance notice will be communicated in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within six (6) months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!