InternshipEstimated: $26,000 - $33,000 a year
- Chicago Manual of Style
- Microsoft Excel
- Communication Skills
- Writing Skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Associate's Degree
Full Job Description
Our Proofreader is responsible for ensuring that all company print, digital and periodical materials are free from typos, are grammatically correct, and are fact-checked for name accuracy. This person will drive standards and copy style guidelines in collaboration with our team and ensure education and implementation throughout the creative development process. The proofreader serves as the final check for accuracy and consistency across all marketing materials that include and are not limited to printed materials, digital assets, printed guides, web content and advertising campaigns.
Ideal candidates will have an above-average grasp of the English language, a Journalism or Marketing background, and be able to write clear, concise, relevant, readable, and grammatically-correct copy in a promotional/advertising context.
- Read content and correct for errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar to eliminate mistakes.
- Edit and proofread team blog posts and company documents.
- Rewrite copy to make it easier for readers to understand. Content needs to be aligned with the unique audience for each piece of content
- Verify facts using standard reference sources and especially sources available on the web
- Evaluate submissions from Data Journalists to determine suitability with the audience’s needs
- Ensure all content publications meet our style and editorial and insights policy
- Collaborate with other departments as needed to complete projects and meet deadlines.
- Assist in the development of insights and content ideas while being mindful of the audience
- Allocate space for the text, photos, and illustrations that make up a story
- Approve final versions for final review by the Account Management Director
- Write a variety of content: short social media copy, product descriptions, email marketing copy, email templates, etc.
- Ability to document and analyze credible citations for blog posts and internal research projects.
- Ability to maintain and manage a content calendar.
- Proof all company materials and make sure they adhere to company's brand standards
- Creating style sheets for internal clients
- Time Management
- Decision Making
- Communication Proficiency
- Organization Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Writing, or Communications required.Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, or Journalism required
- 3-5 years of “business” writing
- High skill levels in both editing and proofreading.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Creative problem solver who seeks answers.
- Strong oral & written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of SEO writing is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and Office.
- Experience with WordPress
- Ability to Write long, well-researched articles for the company blog, including generating ideas and fostering them to completion.A minimum of 2 to 3 years of proofreading experience
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Candidate must submit an online portfolio
Job Type: Internship
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Writing Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Proofreading: 2 years (Preferred)
- Typing in professional setting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Journalism: 1 year (Preferred)
- Editing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19