Marketing Assistant (Intern)
Main purpose of the role:
The role of the Marketing Assistant will be to support the Marketing Manager and Marketing Officer in promoting the charity’s services to the Masonic community and wider public. This is a great role for anyone who is studying for a Marketing/Communications degree or similar qualification and is looking for some hands on experience of what it’s like to work in the field.
The role is voluntary, however an allowance is available to support lunch and travel costs. The candidate must be available to work one or two days a week for a minimum of three months, with an opportunity to extend the position for the right candidate.
What does this role offer?
- Invaluable experience of working in a busy Marketing, PR and Communications team for one of the UK’s oldest charities, supporting older people in the community.
- The opportunity to develop existing skills and gain new ones for your CV in a practical working environment with a small, friendly and dynamic team.
General Marketing activities
- Help to manage our extensive image galleries. This will include organising images and liaising with our care homes to make sure all images are suitable for the team to use.
- Gather the appropriate media consent forms for residents, staff and third parties that we plan to feature in our print publications and online channels in line with GDPR.
- Ensure there is a good stock of marketing materials and help the team to replenish items that are low in stock, including proofing artwork and requesting reprints.
Online/Social Media support
- Support social media activity across the charity’s online platforms including Facebook and Twitter, which will involve uploading posts and advertising where required.
- Support the team to make sure we have a presence on relevant care directories and that any online entries are accurate and up to date.
- Support team mail outs including RMBI News and the annual Impact Report.
- Update our communications board bi-monthly to ensure it features current news.
- Help to gather news stories for our internal staff newsletter, including gathering new staff profiles and suitable staff images from care home events.
Website and Intranet
- Help to keep our website up to date with new images and quotes, alongside the Marketing Officer.
- Upload news and images on our staff intranet to encourage visits and engage people on the platform.
Additional duties or activities to support the team may also be required.
The role would suit someone studying for a Marketing/Communications degree or similar qualification or a recent graduate looking to gain some relevant experience.
We’re a small and dynamic team and are looking for an enthusiastic person, who is happy to get involved in a variety of tasks. The ideal candidate will:
- Have some experience of Marketing and social media, either through education, work or previous volunteering/internship
- Have strong communication skills
- Be able to write clearly and accurately
- Have an enthusiastic ‘can-do’ attitude and be willing to get involved in all aspects of the Marketing and Communications remit.
- Be available 1-2 days a week to work from our head offices in Holborn, London.
- Share our charity’s values which are kind, supportive and trusted.
About RMBI Care Co.
At RMBI Care Co. we provide residential care, nursing and dementia support to older Freemasons, their families and people in the wider community. We have been caring for older people for over 170 years and today we support over 1,000 residents across our 18 care homes in England and Wales.
We treat each person as an individual. We believe that everyone should be able to enjoy later life and we are here to help our residents stay as independent as possible but also provide support when it is needed. We have a passionate and skilled team who deliver the highest quality of care to our residents and we live by our values which are kind, supportive and trusted.
RMBI Care Co. is part of the Masonic Charitable Foundation – a charity that encourages opportunity, promotes independence and improves wellbeing for disadvantaged people across society. Every year, the Masonic Charitable Foundation gives over £5.5 million to support charitable projects in communities across England and Wales, as well as medical research. A wide range of grants and services are also available for Freemasons and their families who are experiencing difficulty.