Coborn's, Inc. based in St. Cloud, Minnesota has an opportunity for a part time Class A CDL Yard Spotter to join our team!
A day in the life of a Yard Spotter on the Coborn's Distribution team in St. Cloud, Minnesota will include:
Carefully inspecting distribution equipment to ensure items are in excellent condition; including ensuring refrigerator units are operating correctly
- Working with loaders and leadership team to move trucks and trailers from one location to another according to door assignments; including ensuring the vehicles and trailers are loaded and secured before moving from the dock area
- Working with transportation management to ensure the proper use and rotation of equipment
- Working closely with fleet shop to ensure all required repairs have been completed before using or moving equipment
- Arranging trucks and trailers in an orderly and effcient manner
- Refueling diesel trucks as needed
- Keeping the truck parking yard clean; free of debris and trash
We're seeking a candidate who has:
- Be able to provide exceptional guest service by treating all coworkers and leadership team members with dignity and respect
- Be self-motivated, energetic, and customer service oriented
- Be atleast 21 years of age
- Possess a Class A driver's license and acceptable driving record per company policy
- Have the ability to obtain a DOT medical examiners certificate and pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing and safety background check
- Have the ability to qualify for power equipment certification (provided by company)
At Coborn’s, Inc. we go all out to “Be Remarkable.” Our culture celebrates employee ideas and encourages creative innovations. We’re growing, learning, and overflowing with energy. In a dynamic atmosphere that welcomes diversity, we are investing in our employees, along with the growth of our company. Join our grocery teams and connect with guests in a fast-paced retail position with advancement opportunities where you are encouraged to shine as you use your guest service skills. If you're friendly and dependable and you like to work with terrific guests, we'd love to talk about an opportunity on our team.
Coborn's, Inc. is a fast-growing employee-owned grocery retailer located in the Midwest. Our grocery store formats include Coborn's, Cash Wise, Marketplace Foods, and Hornbacher's, and we offer unique online grocery home delivery services through our CobornsDelivers and Cash Wise Delivers locations. Coborn's, Inc. also owns and operates liquor stores under the Coborn's Liquor, Cash Wise Liquor and Captain Jack's brands. Additionally, our fuel and convenience division, in-house grocery warehouse and distribution center, in-house Central Bakery, and Tops Cleaners are significant assets to our operations. We also have a handful of other retail entities in the markets where the fit is right: Little Dukes, Holiday Stationstores, Ace Hardware, Caribou Coffee, Dunn Bros Coffee, Subway and Erbert and Gerbert's.
Our remarkable employees strive to inspire happiness, healthy living and simplicity one guest at a time. With a vibrant and fun work environment, ongoing opportunities for career growth, and generous benefit packages, Coborn's offers a bright future for all employee owners.
Here’s a list of some of the many benefits that we offer:
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday and Sunday Premium Pay
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) plans
- Voluntary Benefits
- Additional benefits available to full time team members
Because we value our people and know our employees enjoy shopping our stores, we offer an employee discount on a variety of private brand items when employees use their MORE Rewards account at the checkout of your local Coborn’s-owned grocery store.
We celebrate a culture of recognition, encouraging employees to recognize and thank one another for remarkable behavior. We even have an app for that!
We’re always looking for motivated, high-potential employees who want to be part of our next generation of leaders! There are Opportunities to grow within our company to positions you may not yet even know exist. Coborn’s, Inc. offers a variety of development programs for employees who want to grow their careers with us.
Finally, we believe that building a team of people with different backgrounds, beliefs, experiences and perspectives inspires fresh thinking and opens us up to new possibilities. We are an EEO/AA Employer- All qualified individuals, including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Part-time
- Truck Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class A CDL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Tanker endorsement (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Home Time policy:
Hours per week:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative