Who We Are
theCoderSchool is an after-school drop-off program for kids learning to code. We provide a fun, energetic, and inspirational environment to bring out that inner hacker in all kids! The future will be ever more dependent on technology so let's get our young generation ready. Learn to Code, Change the World.
theCoderSchool is looking for passionate Code Coaches to teach our next generation how to change the world! You will meet incredible kids, teach them how to code - and how to think like a coder - and be rewarded with an amazing experience. This is a part-time position for anywhere from 2-15 hours/week (same times weekly), depending on your schedule and availability. These hours can generally be sometime between 3-8pm weekdays or late morning on weekends.
This position rocks because you will:
- Meet, mentor, and grow amazing kids who are ready to be our next generation of coders!
- Meet and communicate with parents - many of whom will be techies themselves, who work at some of the best companies and startups in the area.
- Give back to the community and help grow our next generation by sharing your knowledge of technology
- Have the flexibility to teach what you're most comfortable with, and learn new things along the way
- Great Communicator.There will be plenty of chatting with parents, and of course patience is a virtue when it comes to kids!
- Street Cred.Our college-level Code Coaches will have Comp Sci or Engineering or similar major at a nearby accredited school. Our Veteran Code Coaches will have relevant industry experience.