Are you ready for a rewarding and dynamic position that champions professional growth; an opportunity where your leadership skills are utilized to build and expand the company’s vision; and to be an integral member of a team that consistently achieves industry-leading client service goals? If so, then our Executive Director position may be the perfect job for you. We are a rapidly growing company specializing in the development, expansion, and management of senior communities. Our focus is to lead the industry with a culture of the highest standards of quality service, environment and care. If you are a successful leader who has a deep compassion for seniors, we would like to hear from you.
Nature and scope:
The Executive Director is responsible to lead and direct the overall operations of the Community in accordance with residents’ needs, government regulations, and Affinity Living Group policies and procedures. Maintain excellent service quality, high occupancy, and meet the financial goals within established budgetary guidelines.
Minimum eligibility requirements:
Essential functions Include:
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Experience of 3 years or more in a retirement, nursing home, or assisted living industry preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable of state regulations.
- Must be certified and in good standing with state licensing agency.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, community and state officials/surveyors, hospital staff and general public.
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual.
- Must be honest, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others.
- Practice and promote Affinity Living Group Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, Core Values and Founding Principles.
- Must be computer literate.
- Experience with financial reporting and managing multiple budgets.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Must meet all health requirements.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities (Essential Job Functions) with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work with the Community management staff and home office staff in all aspects of Community operations, including setting priorities and job assignments.
- Monitor each department, communicate and interpret policies, evaluate performance, provide feedback, and assist and coach staff as necessary.
- Responsible for cleanliness and maintenance of the Community and grounds.
- Ensure safety of residents, their visitors and staff regarding Infection Control, Fire, and Safety policies and procedures.
- Serve as the Director of the Community’s Quality Assurance Committee and assure quarterly QA audits completed thoroughly and honestly.
- Conduct routine inspections of services being provided to ensure highest quality.
- Maintain current knowledge of state regulations and ensure compliance in all surveys conducted by licensing and regulatory authorities.
Community Staffing and Retention:
- Ensure programming is effectively managed and marketed.
- Actively research and develop appropriate niche programming that reflects and meets the needs of residents and families.
- Select qualified, appropriate candidates for employment.
- Ensure training and incentive programs are in place and working properly.
- Monitor employee morale, maintaining high level of team spirit and unit cohesion. Ensure compliance with employment laws and company policies. Manage turnover. Maintain network of recruitment sources.
- Manage Community budgets. Monitor labor costs, raw food costs, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll in concert with the home office and the Operations staff. Appropriately handle and safeguard Community funds.
Sales, Marketing and Revenue
- Ensure optimum/maximum occupancy, revenue and profitability for the Community.
- Develop and implement sales and marketing plan. Keep abreast of market trends and competition. Maximize occupancy, efficiency of payer mix, and developing Community staff members as marketers of the Community.
- Guide, manage and mentor Sales Director to effectively reach occupancy and revenue goals.
- Create a culture that trains and supports all Community staff to participate in internal sales process.
- Effectively perform all phases of external relationship building/partnering with referral sources.
- Promote occupancy and revenue growth through effective, planned events with community at large, residents and families.
- Responsible for supervising, assigning duties and tasks and directing the work of all department employees with full accountability for the performance of subordinates.
- Demonstrate independent judgment and discretion.
- Interview, make hiring recommendations and orient new staff.
- Schedule and reschedule staff using independent judgment and exercising discretion when creating the schedule and making determinations regarding granting employee requests for time off or other modifications in work schedules.
- Responsible for tracking attendance and effectively carrying out disciplinary action where appropriate.
- Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
- Evaluate performance and recommend changes to terms and conditions of employment based on such evaluations.
- Develop positive relationships with State regulators, the community at large, families and residents on behalf of the Community and Affinity Living Group.
- Ensure compliance and understanding of all regulations regarding residents’ rights.
- Attend training sessions as directed by Regional Director.
Working conditions (travel, hours, environment):
- Follow and communicate company policies and procedures.
- The job description provides a framework for the job; other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Able to work full-time, with some weekend work.
- Some travel required.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Works in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
- Is subject to callback during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Light work – Ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to life, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.:
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the job change.:
Come join our Affinity Living Group family! We are growing! Excellent wages and benefits!