We are currently looking for Cashiers to join our team onboard at Midship Marketplace on a part-time basis.
As a Cashier/Server, you’ll be responsible for greeting and serving guests in accordance with property standards for food and beverage quality while providing the highest level of service possible in an efficient, courteous and professional manner.
Key responsibilities of a Cashier include:
- Greeting guests in a warm and friendly manner, acknowledging them upon arrival
- Taking food and beverage orders
- Preparing specialty coffees and other food and beverage items according to guest specifications
- Entering all orders into the register
- Collecting payment and making change in a timely and courteous manner
- Maintaining a clean and well organized work area
- Maintaining self serve coffee station with an appropriate supply of cups, lids, cream, milk, sugar, etc.
- Restocking perishable and non-perishable items as necessitated by business demands
- Checking expiration dates of products on a regular basis to ensure freshness of product
The ideal Cashier candidate will have at least one year of experience in a customer service environment, preferably with specialty coffee, exceptional communication skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for positive, upbeat individuals who have a passion for delivering excellent service.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Ability to stand, walk and move around during entire shift
- Must possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
- Must have the ability to work a wide and varied schedule that may include early morning , evening, night, and weekend shifts
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About the Queen Mary
Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 346 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Haunted Encounters tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.