Part-time | TemporaryEstimated: $41,000 - $54,000 a year
- Computer Skills
- Retail Sales
- High School Diploma or GED
Full Job Description
Manages the retail store and develops sales and marketing operations for assigned store. Performs duties ensuring that the sales, profit, and customer service goals of SVP Worldwide are met and/or exceeded:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages the set up of advertising displays or arrangements of merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales in an attractive and functional manner to obtain maximum exhibition and demonstration advantages.
- Evaluates the territory's changing or prevailing market patterns and provides feedback to area manager and/or corporate management.
- Conducts store meetings with employees to upgrade knowledge and sales techniques.
- Obtains merchandise requested by customer or receives merchandise selected by customer.
- Provides for good customer and employee relations by answering questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise.
- Provides strong customer demonstrations utilizing strong sales closing techniques
- Records, manages, and deposits cash in register on a daily basis.
- Manages the record of sales, prepares and conducts frequent inventory of stock, maintain satisfactory recovery rate of trade-ins and repairs, and orders merchandise as appropriate.
- Reports in a timely and efficient manner to corporate required reports, payroll, commissions, cash statements, and all other records and books related to store functions.
- Performs and manages other duties as requested.
- Teaches various classes with intent to sell.
- Responsible for facilitating Owner's Classes, clubs, demos, Creative Classes and coordinating freelance educators for Creative Classes as appropriate.
- Responsible for ongoing recruiting, selection, training, motivating, coaching, evaluating, termination, and compensating all store employees with the purpose of upgrading individual performances and store productivity and profitability.
- Manages the store expenses according to the store proforma requirements and expectations.
- Maintain cost-to-sell figure at or below maximum acceptable figure.
- Maintain acceptable surplus position.
Directly supervises part-time sales employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One or more years retail experience with a demonstrated success in closing sales.
- Must be able to lift sewing machines or sergers that weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Degree in business a plus.
- Previous sewing experience a strong plus.
- Computer proficiency a plus
For a complete job description or requests for accommodations, please contact Human Resources at HR.USA@svpworldwide.com.
Retail Sales Manager