Full-timeEstimated: $58,000 - $80,000 a year
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Relocation Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Master's Degree
Full Job Description
Join our Harris Methodist practice in this amazing opportunity as a Prenatal Genetic Counselor for our OB practice. Recent graduates with OB clinical experience welcome!!! This is a great opportunity to join our Team with a great Benefits and Compensation package! The role of the Genetic Counselor is responsible but not limited to the following;
- Reviews family and medical histories, determines relative risks and educates patients and families about Mendelian inheritance, chromosomal risk and principles of teratology.
- Performs preconceptional and pregnancy loss counseling from a genetic perspective.
- Is familiar with and critical of laboratories providing diagnostic services such as chromosome analysis, molecular DNA technology and biochemical screening.
- Provides an interpretation of test results for patients, families and referring physicians.
- Discusses availability of various prenatal diagnostic options and their associated risks with patients and families.
- Returns patient phone calls in response to care and needs in a timely manner.
- Is available for short and long term care; provides support services and referrals as necessary.
- Corresponds timely and thoroughly with referring physicians.
- Maintains accurate and up to date records of results and follow ups.
- Utilizes current researching resources to provide thorough and current information.
- Participates in revenue cycle by ensuring authorizations and referrals are in place and notifying the Billing Associate of needs for further authorizations.
- Documents correct ICD-10 codes for services provided.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with and demonstrates a caring attitude toward patients and their families.
- A current/valid license as a Genetic Counselor if the state in which they are providing medical services requires it.
- Must have a Masters degree, Board eligible or Board certified as a Genetic Counselor.
- Must have OB clinical experience.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
Job Type: Full-time
- OB Clincals: 1 year (Required)
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- Only full-time employees eligible