AHC - Home Health Southern Maryland
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
The Visiting Medical Surgical RN is responsible for administering skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent basis in the home, providing care management, supervising the care provided by the home health aide and LPN, working collaboratively with the nursing supervisor to coordinate Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Social Services, Nutritional and Chaplain Services according to physician’s orders and under the direction of the nursing supervisor.
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire a Visiting Nurse who will embrace our mission to extend God’s care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities including Direct Reports:
1. Supervision of field staff Home Health Aid/LPN staff
2. Regularly attends mandatory and non-mandatory meetings.
3. Documents patient care and related information according to Federal and State regulations, completed per standards set by Agency.
4. Planning and evaluation of patient care that is comprehensive and organized to achieve its goals.
5. Meets standards set by agency demonstrating flexibility, commitment and adaptability.
6. Appropriately assesses all factors that impact patient and patient’s condition.
7. Makes appropriate interventions to provide for safe and effective care addressing all of patient’s needs.
Education and Experience Required:
- Associates degree in nursing required
- Bachelors in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Valid Maryland RN licensure
- Two years full time experience in Medical/Surgical or facility nursing within the past five years
- Valid American Heart Association BLS/CPR Certification
- Valid Driver’s License with agency insurance requirements
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work life balance through non rotating shifts
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Free Employee parking
- Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
- 100% Coverage for inpatient care – at Adventist HealthCare facilities
- 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide – after copay
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered.
Weekend and one additional Day ( Friday or Monday)