Buy Sod, Inc. operates through multiple production sod farms in the Carolinas, Virginia, Tennessee and Georgia, covering thousands of acres and serving a variety of clients.
- Maintains a preventative maintenance program within budget on all equipment to avoid unnecessary downtime.
- Assists the Equipment Manager with purchases of repair parts and replacement supplies.
- Keeps a complete set of records for equipment repairs, equipment conditions and preventative maintenance for all equipment.
- Inspects, diagnoses and repairs equipment up to and including mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic components.
- Ability to prioritize equipment repair and maintenance work.
- Meet all company and equipment related safety requirements.
- Must have the ability to discern what issues need to be brought to upper management.
- Ability to communicate equipment issues and understand job assignments.
- 3+ years’ experience as equipment mechanic preferred.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the profession.
- Working knowledge of light and heavy maintenance equipment and automotive apparatuses (to include trailer and air break repair, hydraulic knowledge, some diesel experience, etc.)
- Skilled in the use of a variety of equipment repair tools. Welding experience a plus. Utilization of own tools as needed preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and keep records.
- Ability to help diagnose mechanical issues and determine appropriate maintenance work.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include, but not limited to, early AM/PM, nights and weekends and hours that could fluctuate day-to-day.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions required.
- Ability to lift, push, pull heavy materials 50+ lbs frequently.
Competitive salary + benefits. Medical/dental/vision, 401k with company match, paid time off, paid holidays, paid life insurance, and more!
Position located in: Eagleville, TN
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanic: 1 year (Required)
- Class A CDL and Medical DOT Certification (Required)