The Inventory Controller works closely with Assistant Branch Managers and Branch Manager to ensure efficient operations in Inventory, Front End, Cash Room and Receiving Departments. Maintains a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly and efficient customer service. Supports the Branch Manager in maintaining company standards. Can be responsible for holding warehouse keys. Performs manual labor as needed.
Salary: $35,000/yr.+ DOE
- Maintains the accuracy of the physical inventory at the branch.
- Uses a scan gun and moves merchandise as needed in order to obtain information needed
- Makes decisions on pricing and ensures that gross margins are maintained on a level required by corporate.
- Communicates margin issues to buyers and follows up for a timely response.
- Reviews sales price differential report to determine if front end pricing is accurate and makes the appropriate changes.
- Ensures that cycle counts are being conducted on a timely and regular basis.
- Trains all staff for inventorypurposes and is responsible for the preparation and conducting of semi-annual inventories.
- Coordinates InventoryControl with the Receiving, Perishables, Dry Goods Floor and Front End to make sure low stock, out of stock, negative on hand and computer inventoryis correct.
- Supervises Stock-taker (see # 5).
- Coordinates writing of adjustment vouchers to vendors for damages and meets with vendor reps to obtain their approvals.
- Responsible for liquor and tobacco tax filings with the proper governmental agencies.
- Reports shrink and research causes.
- Controls markdowns & voids by monitoring damages and overstock.
- Analyzes and determines reasons for negative inventoryand margins.
- Reviews store statistical reports for any abnormal or erroneous data.
- Assists other Departments when needed including Front End.
- Performs various tasks and projects as directed by Branch Manager and Corporate Headquarters.
- Minimum of 2 years of inventory control experience (Required)
- Minimum of 2 years of managerial experience (Required)
- Minimum of 1 year ofretail or wholesaleexperience (Preferred)
- Minimum of 1 year of wholesale experience (Preferred)
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- Background in Physical Inventorymaintenance/control.
- Proven leadership skills; ability to supervise and direct employees.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, vendors, customers and buying department.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, mass, and volume.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation.
- Must be PC literate; working knowledge of MS Office; 10-key skills a big plus.
- Stand/walk – for up to 4 hours at a time, during full inventory must stand for up to 6 hours at a time.
- Lift/Carry Abilities (measured for maximum or average load)
- Lift – 50 lbs
- Carry strength (50’ or less) – 50 lbs
- frequently lift/carry ( > 12x/hour) – 50 lbs
- Constant lift/carry ( > 30x/hr) – 20 lbs
- Occasional Push/Pull ( > 5x/hour) – 450 lbs
- Physical Aptitudes (rated based on the level of skill involved)
- Agility/dynamic balance 80-100%
- Finger dexterity – 80-100%
- Manual dexterity – 80 – 100%
- Posture Tolerance (rated based on frequency or time involved)
- Reach above shoulder level – occasionally
- Twist/turn head – frequently
- Bend over/stoop – frequently
- Climb steps/ladder – occasionally
- Kneel/squat - occasionally
Indeed Hire and Restaurant Depot are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $37,000.00 /year
- managerial: 2 years (Required)
- inventory control: 2 years (Required)
- wholesale: 1 year (Preferred)
- retail or wholesale: 1 year (Preferred)
- Brooklyn Center, MN: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)