Arizona Department of Corrections
Safer communities through effective corrections.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY II
Arizona State Prison Complex (ASPC) - Perryville
2105 North Citrus Road
Goodyear, Arizona 85395
The Arizona Department of Corrections (ADC) is seeking a qualified individual to provide administrative duties to the unit manager.
- Reviews and summarizes correspondence/data to generate letters or reports
- Performs a variety of complex administrative tasks for an administrator and/or program manager
- Screens and routes incoming calls and answers general inquires
- Attends meetings and transcribes minutes for distribution
- Acts as unit timekeeper
- Establishes and maintains administrative/confidential files
- Generates purchase orders and maintains the unit office supplies
- Collects summaries for unit budget preparation
- Functions as lead office support, trains/back up other clerical staff
- Maintains post orders/department policies and procedures
- Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
SPECIAL SELECTION FACTOR(S) – THE FOLLOWING ARE REQUIRED:
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
- General office practices and procedures
- Personal computers, using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Business English and basic mathematics
- Office management and equipment functions
- Payroll practices and procedures
- Verbal and written communication
- Providing detail-oriented results
- Record keeping and report generation
- Building and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Time and project management
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings
- Taking and transcribing meeting minutes
- Work in a prison environment
- Learn and adhere to department policies and procedures
- Maintain files of correspondence, records, and reports
- Maintain confidentiality
- Adapt to changing priorities
SELECTIVE PREFERENCE(S) - IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Two years professional office experience and proficient in Microsoft Office.
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation and drug test*.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS). Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Current ADC Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
If you experience technical issues while applying for this position, please call 602-542-4700 or email [email protected]
*We are committed to providing a drug and alcohol free workplace. ADC conducts statewide random drug testing for all employees in safety-sensitive positions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting the Employment Unit Manager at (602) 255-2430. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.