Who is Es Solo Group?
Es Solo Group is a financial technology company created to offer a diversified range of innovative solutions and services to its clients. Es Solo Group partners with a strategic group of global banks, processors and networks (MC/VISA/UPI) to support its prepaid issuing card services. Through integration of these services, Es Solo Group is able to issue the highest quality prepaid debit card products on behalf of its worldwide clients; including Gift Cards, Payroll, GPR, Loyalty and Incentive Cards.
To further strengthen our role as key market player in Global Acquiring, we are now looking to recruit a Underwriter / Risk Analyst reporting into VP of Operations.
The ideal candidate will handle key aspects of our day-to-day operational duties for underwriting and integrating potential merchant relationships with our third-party processors via our internal gateway as well as overseeing risk reviews of all merchants and their transactions. The ideal candidate will be a subject matter expert with all payment brands, including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, JCB and UnionPay. This person will function as a subject matter expert on card scheme rules and services, help educate internal / external staff, distribute and communicate relevant information to the rest of the company. The candidate will provide clarity on acceptance best practices, rules and requirements, and to inform internal and external partners of new products and services. They also serve as the escalation resource to assist on issues involving merchants.
- Perform the underwriting and verification functions for new merchant account applications.
- Perform credit analysis and underwriting activities for prospective commercial accounts using credit evaluation guidelines
- Assess fraud and credit risk exposure
- Review financial statements and reports (business and personal) to assess the credit worthiness of prospective clients
- Prepare underwriting documents for management review on accounts exceeding standard risk thresholds
- Negotiate collateral and or other risk mitigation instruments as needed.
- Interface regularly with Bank and Referral Partners
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Answer Agent’s, Referral Partner’s, and Merchant’s questions and explain the Bank requirements for boarding new accounts.
- Interview merchants to obtain information needed for opening accounts according to applicable requirements and verify application data.
- Oversees and contributes to ongoing documentation of processes and procedure.
- Review merchant application decisions using different underwriting tools to gather information required to make a comprehensive assessment of credit worthiness, risk and mitigation.
- Prepare daily/monthly/quarterly reports for management specific to the Acquirer portfolio.
- Work with integration teams to ensure proper integration of our proprietary gateway with new processors as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent, relevant work experience)
- Five to seven years of experience in credit, fraud analysis experience or equivalent.
- Seven to ten years of experience in the payment network/card scheme environment or merchant/acquiring processing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
Job Type: Full-time