The Food Safety Quality Regulatory (FSQR) Technician position is responsible for completion of analytical testing in support of the quality management and operational teams. Analytical testing may be performed for routine analysis of in-process and final product testing. The FSQR Technician is responsible for checking and monitoring analytical instrumentation performance. The FSQR Technician is responsible for entering data into databases, release of final product shipments, and communication of results verbally and/or in writing. The FSQR Technician is responsible for maintaining chemical and supply inventory in the lab. Participating in a safety and food safety culture in the lab and plant.
75%- Analytical testing for routine analysis of in-process and final product testing. Entry of data into databases and communication of results verbally or in writing as required. Communicating specification results to internal customers as well as external customers via finished product shipment paperwork. Release of product meeting prescribed guidelines.
15%- Performance of calibration checks, preventative maintenance tasks, and simple repair to analytical instrumentation.
10%- Perform miscellaneous job duties as assigned such as; additional sampling and testing as requested, maintaining the food safety management system, solution preparation, sensory preparation, and cleaning of lab areas.
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- Associate’s Degree in Chemistry, Food Science, or related field with minimum 1 year experience working within a laboratory or food manufacturing environment.
- OR HS Diploma/GED with minimum 3 years’ experience working within a laboratory or food manufacturing environment.
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Food Science or related field.
- Flexible, able to work nights, holidays, and weekends as business needs require
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of food safety, safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
- 1 + year of working experience Microsoft Office Suite experience.
- Understanding of basic sciences and analytical techniques
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Primary Location US-IN-Hammond
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job