Test Automation Engineer
The role at a glance:
You will have the opportunity to work in the latest technologies and advance your career. This role focuses on supporting back end services, leveraging AWS. You will be working on the latest Java Frameworks. This is a fast-paced environment where you will get access to new products, cross team collaboration and innovation.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Develops effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion.
- Follows established coding standards and techniques, assists with establishing standards
- Develops automated unit test cases to validate defect-free code
- Oversees and conducts code reviews to ensure adherence to established coding and architectural standards
- Works with developers and stake holders of Journey teams and Integration Testing team to ensure quality code that meets the functional requirements
- Acts as a technical resource for junior team members and helps with onboarding.
- Shows a strong attention to development detail, produces high-quality code.
- Assists the Test Manager with the training and mentoring of the team members.
- Works closely with Test Manager to implement strategies for test framework and test principles through the organization.
- Drives the technical vision and strategic direction of technology with input from Manager, business teams, development, and IT Support.
- Maintains expertise in the application/ framework and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department's scope.
- Maintains expertise in the business processes that drive the applications within the department’s scope.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion's applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
- Coordinates scheduled ad-hoc, and emergency tasks within the department's scope.
- Ensures the appropriate adherence to Asurion's inter-departmental processes and procedures within the testing team.
- Provides proper status notifications to business stakeholders and Client Relations for internal and external communications through the approved protocols.
- Communicates the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to the Sr. Manager, internal Business and Project Stakeholders.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field required
- 4 or more years of software development experience required.
- 3 or more years of development experience using Java software required.
- 3 or more years of hands on experience developing and maintaining automation frameworks based in Java and Appium and designing automated test cases on native apps on Android and iOS for mobile devices.
- 3 or more years of experience working with Appium, selenium web driver technologies.
- Experience in three or more of the following areas: RESTful web services, RDBMS skills, Multi-threaded applications, Application Servers (JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, etc.), Cloud application development, Caching technologies (redis, memcached, hazelcast), Messaging technologies (ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka), NoSQL technologies (Cassandra, HBase), real-time streaming (apache storm).
PRO00640 | San Mateo | California | US | 2018/02/13