About The Company
David Yurman is the celebrated American jewelry company founded in New York 1980 by David Yurman, a sculptor, and his wife, Sybil, a painter and ceramicist. Today, the company is led by Evan Yurman and creates timeless, yet contemporary collections for women and men defined by inspiration, innovation, consummate craftsmanship and cable — its artistic signature. David Yurman collections are available at 49 retail stores throughout the United States, Canada, Hong Kong and France and at over 300 locations worldwide.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at David Yurman
As a company founded by artists, David Yurman champions self-expression in everything we do. We are committed to fostering a culture of openness and creative collaboration within our entire community, and we cherish the diversity of our employees’ backgrounds and perspectives. We will always advocate for equity and inclusion for all.
Title: CAD Designer
Reports to: Senior Manger, CAD
This CAD Designer must have experience and knowledge creating jewelry pieces of intermediate/advanced difficulty levels in Rhino. Responsible for execution of designs while adhering to functional and aesthetic objectives.
- Create intermediate pieces from start to finish with limited supervision and understand team processes and aesthetics fluently.
- Create more complex projects and forms with less-detailed direction and limited supervision.
- Knowledge and ability to create stone settings and mechanisms such as claps, connections, linkages with little supervision.
- Provide input on timelines to completion; translate design concept into a physical piece within established project time frame.
- Provide input and suggestions on building techniques, be knowledgeable of production techniques and how to build and split models for various production processes.
- Review Vendor CAD files for technical viability and provide concise technical feedback to strategic partners.
- Minimum 5-7 years of CAD experience specific to jewelry.
- Must have knowledge of complex jewelry construction as well as precious and non-precious metal properties.
- Must be proficient in creating solid, workable polysurface files.
- Experienced with modifying and repairing mesh objects.
- Must have working knowledge of mechanisms such as hinges and clasps.
- Experience with rapid prototyping machines is a plus.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Rhino CAD software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Standard office equipment.
- Experience with 3-D Coat or comparable sculpting software is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret design rendering and engineering documents.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work in a team environment.
Four-year BA or BS degree in Design with an emphasis in 3-D Jewelry Design preferred or the equivalent in Jewelry Industry work experience.
The company offers competitive compensation, outstanding benefits and perks to eligible employees:
- The estimated pay range for this role is $110,000-135,000
- Medical/vision/dental insurance
- Generous PTO
- Numerous employee perks (employee discounts, Citibike membership (NYC), gym reimbursement, etc.)
David Yurman is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition, carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law.