Inform + Inspire + Entertain
LifeZette’s is a digitally focused media company whose mission is contained in its moniker:
From pop culture to faith, parenting to politics, LifeZette delivers a compelling mixture of stories, commentary, video and graphics designed to inform and entertain — and to help all of us live our lives to the fullest. Each day the site captures the wonder, the complexity, the frustration and the joys of life in all its variety. This is media built for the way we live—never in one place or focused on one issue to the exclusion of all others. From pop culture to faith, parenting to politics, LifeZette delivers a compelling mixture of stories, commentary, video and graphics designed to inform and entertain – and to help all of us live our lives to the fullest.
Video Correspondent and Digital Producer
LifeZette is hiring a Video Correspondent and Digital Producer for our team. This position would be responsible for writing and executing scripts on content for LifeZette’s growing website. They would be responsible for story ideation as well as promoting our video content on personal and professional channels.
What you will do:
- Script, execute and edit political and other content for LifeZette’s growing website.
- Execution entails either an on-camera standup, a voiceover or a text-on-screen video.
- Responsible for video story ideation on a regular basis, in line with LfeZette goals and content
- Write original video scripts at night for early morning production the next day, and follow news throughout the day
- Execute text-on-screen, voiceovers and on-camera video material
- Conduct in-house and man-on-the-street interviews
- Edit video content using Wochit and Adobe Premiere Pro
- Promote video content, raw news clips, live streamed events, breaking news updates, and company profiles on social media
- Propose and write referrals
- Maintain Twitter presence for the video team
- Plug videos into relevant written stories and switch out old videos
- Repurpose and reuse evergreen videos
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Candidate must be aligned with the Mission and Values of LifeZette and be capable of championing them through video content with passion and enthusiasm
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment within a competitive 24/7 breaking news cycle
- Adobe Premiere Pro and/or Wochit experience is a plus.
- Must know how to write in broadcast style (short, concise, punchy, active sentences).
- Excels in producing high-quality content under tight deadlines
- Must have a love for news and politics and regularly keep up with current events.
- The ideal candidate follows the latest trends and has a deep understanding of emerging technologies as well as digital and social media best practices.
- Occasionally conduct man-on-the-street interviews for original videos or special events, as well as in-house interviews with pop stars or political figures.
- This role requires regular coordination with our videographer / other video producer; managing editor and other editors; social media team on timeliness and priority of video posting and best platform for distribution; and the marketing team to promote good partnership material.
- A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of stakeholders
To be considered, candidates must provide at least three professional references (one of which is a previous manager) and a cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
- Washington, DC 20007 (Preferred)